[For Devs] Any chance of a console port?

Is there any chance of a console port of Grim Dawn?

All three current generation consoles, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch, can handle the graphics engine and all three controllers have enough buttons to manage the skills, movement and GUI.

As other A-RPG and MMORPG games have proven before, these genres can be played on consoles with a satisfactory controller scheme.

Mapping the skill bar to X-Y-A-B and then a different set of skills if mapped together with L + X-Y-A-B and R + X-Y-A-B would give a total of twelve slots on six buttons, and still have enough buttons to open a rift, open inventory, skills, menu, etc etc.

With the upcoming expansion for Grim Dawn, this would be a great opportunity to bring Grim Dawn to a larger market, I’m sure Nintendo fans would surely appreciate a new game for the Switch. xD

What I’m saying is, it works and the people want it.
So why not expand into the market?

I will always be a PC gamer, but sometimes I’d just like to lay down on the couch with a Switch and play my favorite games. Grim Dawn being one of them.

XboxOne port was confirmed a few days ago :slight_smile:

this needs a good EDIT…and some voice over… can i have my 18 min back???

Here’s the reference for the XBox console release:

I agree, i would love for this to come to console. It would be a day one purchase for me.

Please no. So many games got worse once they were ported and there are more than enough console titles.

Whether you want it or not it’s probably gonna happen they’ve already discussed a potential port to Xbox

It’s really more of a Microsoft thing, I’d say. There’s probably some other incentive (besides a larger consumer base) for PC game companies that do this, and it seems Microsoft is doing their damndest to make the transition as efficient as possible.
Really people, we ARE talking about a company here the likes of Disney.

Anyway I think it’s a good thing though that it seems like Crate is studying the Xbox port closely rather than just creating a Grim Dawn-with-a-Microsoft-approval stamp version of the game.

Any chance of adding multiplayer on same tv? Would love to be able to play the game with my wife!

Porting from PC to PS4 takes a complete rebuild for the different system.

Porting from PC to Xbox1 requires very little since they both use the same basic system. Takes very little effort.

I hope they add the ability to play 2 people on the same system but that would require a lot more work I am thinking since it is not in the original Grim Dawn and would have to be added. I do think it would be a HUGE addon as a lot of people request this. I think it was Halo that took it out and the backlash was so big they promised they would always have dual player support in all future Halo games.

This is complete and utter nonsense. They’re all x86 systems… the only advantage in porting from pc to xbox one is that the tools and api are the same. Nothing more.