Forager hut supply

I have had forager targeted on much needed greens and nuts (0 m food) and she heads toward them, but then stops and walks all the way across town for 1 bar of soap, returns to hut, starts toward greens again, then yet again stops and walks all way across town to market for 15 meat. greens are frozen by now.

Can we have extended marketeer supply forager huts or do I need to keep all hunters and forager huts closer to town center?

Sometimes while working, if villagers find they have little or nothing to do in the moment will decide to Stock their Shelter.

Markets play a big role in keeping Shelters stocked, be sure your Forager’s Shelter is near a Market within the Market’s Range (circle). This should help keep your workers working and not worrying about Stocking their Shelter since the Market workers (Grocers) will keep Shelters in the Market’s work area Stocked.

In the scenario you described and when/if you see things like this happening, you could always Take Control of the worker and direct them back to their Work Area or near a Greens Spawn Node. Sometimes if you watch a few moments after releasing control after redirecting them, they will get back to their work; not every time but it can work out this way. Think of it as Distracting them from their Distraction. :slight_smile:

I’ve also found that Controlling villagers can also be helpful when one falls ill and is determined to keep working. This can help them get to a Healer’s House/Hospital faster which can help in minimizing the Spread of Disease. This doesn’t happen too often though, as most villagers are good about heading directly to a Healer House when they fall ill.

TY. I have tried redirecting them but didn’t know if it helps. I will pay more attention “afterwards” to see if they do in fact redirect. I did notice one time when I directed ill person to healer and they did in fact go into healer. I have always wondered about placement of huts near town or out near their area of operation. I will try keeping foragers huts near market now.