Forgotten gods - can't progress to elite?

Hello. I just completed Forgotten gods on normal+veteran, hoping I can unlock elite. Unfortunately right before the final boss I went back and ran a crucible, and when going back to the final boss I haven’t noticed that switching game modes didn’t reactivate the veteran checkbox. My face dropped when I beat it and realized elite was still locked and I was off veteran mode.

I re-enabled veteran and went back in the last portal, beat the boss again (god dang it was actually hard now on veteran! Nice!), but elite still didn’t unlock. Is this a bug or by design that just for tainting the veteran game with one non-veteran session then elite is no longer unlockable? Is there any way to do this except restarting with a whole new character?

To unlock elite and ultimate you have to kill the base game boss, the loghorrean

1 Like

Forgotton Gods and Ashes of Malmouth are both optional expansions that you don’t have to do to progress in the game. As savage1991 said you have to kill the boss at the end of the base game in the Necropolis which will unlock both Elite and Ultimate in the v1.2 version of the game.

1 Like

Yoooooo, guys, you’re so fast <3 Thanks and enjoy your Christmas (if applicable)!

1 Like

Oh by the way since I’m here, now it’s a bit off topic, but previously (with other characters) when I beat the vanilla and the first expansion, I remember I got a purple unique drop. But this time in FG, although I beat the boss twice, I got no unique drops. Although the expansion itself was great, it felt super disappointing loot at the end, in those 2 crates that unlock in that final boss room. Just some regular green items. Is that super bad luck, or is that everyone else’s experience as well?

Probably just because the monsters are not high enough level. Monsters need to be L50 or higher before Legendaries start dropping.

Korvaak was level 52 when I whacked him, the minions on the astral path before his room were 49-50, and I was 48 at that point. Shrug.

Because there’re three chests in each final boss’ room, one of them being a one-shot chest that has much higher chances for epic/legendary loot. Also, RNGesus says hello.

1 Like