Forgotten Gods Development FAQ

You’ll be able to use them for any level character you want, be it L1 (if you can give them the tokens) or higher so long as you have one existing character who can access Elite and Ultimate to buy the tokens. A character who’s L60 in Elite can use a Saviour’s Merit token to jump up to Ultimate if that’s what you want to do. Level effectively doesn’t matter any more if you want to take the corresponding risks of jumping to a new difficulty. From the 7th December stream:

"anathema2741 : how is the level scaling on ultimate at level 2?

Well, let’s take a look. Now I will warn you that anyone who’s going to play like this? It’s going to be hard. I would describe this as almost playing on players 8 in Diablo 2 back in the old days, but you’ll notice these enemies are actually scaled to my level. We’ve gone ahead and through Elite and Ultimate difficulties and updated these guys so they scale from one all the way up to max level. And yes, they hurt. They give a lot more XP, but they hurt. You’re going to get all the attribute and skill points like I said and you’re going to need them because this stuff is way harder than what you’re used to. I will point out, if you look at my resistances, they are in fact altered by the difficulty scaling."

Not me, because neither the Shattered Realm or Crucible are things I would play normally, but I’m sure a lot of other people will try it. :smiley:

Thanks–very clear. I have several “characters in waiting” for FG right now, and was wondering if I should continue to level them or if it was pointless because I would have to start over to skip a difficulty.

As an old ‘players 8’ person, I’m glad to hear that everything will be scaled as (imo) it should be, too. Thanks again.

Thanks Medea for the heads up i appreciate the response! cant wait to try out some of my modded characters on those floors.

I am new, and I dont speak english very well. Sorry for anything.

In this new DLC or also future patch will be done something about the psysique stats be so strong and broken what make people put 80/90 of points there?

Ty

Cunning and spirit will give some hitpoints too but i have no idea how many :blush:

According to Grim Misadventure #154: A Look Back at 2018 both the DLC and a future patch will address this issue:

The Grim Misadventures are posts (usually every two weeks) where the devs give an update on the game. Those are located in the Development Updates forum.

Well i wouldn’t say the Physique is broken, it’s more like the advantages which you get with Spirit & Cunning isn’t onpar with physique due survivability is the most important aspect about an Build in GD.

Truth to be told, i’m not even a fan of free attribute-system in an Hack’n’Slay due in most games you are kinda focused on certain attributes with each class anyway while other attributes doesn’t make sense to begin with. The Issue compared to proper RPG which i see is due HnS are focused on fight with hordes, while a proper (good) RPG besides the Combat offers different approaches how to handle situations. So let’s say agility or dexterty not only boost your dmg with daggers and such, you also often have a boost in lockpicking or pickpocketing… so in such games it can makes sense to put points into this attribute even as mage or warrior-style of class. In HnS you mostly focus on more dmg or more life anyway so yeah…that’s why i never missed the free attributes in Diablo 3. And the only Game which comes in my mind where i liked the approach of the attributes was Torchlight 2 so yeah…

I agree.

It doesn’t offer really much of a choice, that choice is a illusion…you’re gonna just put all your points into phys anyway.

I guess we’ll see what happens with the cun and spt HP change that’s coming with FG.

Ty for the answer everyone :slight_smile:

I am new on Grim Dawn… I hope we got more devotion and possibility to make unique builds

Well, we are getting more shrines, but the devotion and level caps are staying the same at 55 and 100 respectively. As for unique builds in what sense? If just in looks there’s the Illusionist to change what gear your characters looks like they’re wearing.

My bad, was to be Constelation… mistake cuz when we will choose which one we want… its says Devotion between the class thing when we press S.

Yes, we are getting 9 more constellations with FG.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74032

Hi Zantai,

Just wondering if there’s any work done in the upcoming DLC to avoid the boring and time-consuming triple walk-though of gameplay and storyline for every character?

Edit 1: I recall in one of the latest livestream there’s some token or something that can be used to directly enter ultimate level?

Have you been away from this forum for over 3 months? They announced difficulty-skipping runes.

Geeze, pay attention folks. From the 7th December stream:

"So the reason I’m opening up this guy today, notice he’s on normal difficulty, nothing substantial, he’s level 2, got a mastery to select, there’s Oathkeeper, got 3 skill points, I’ve already spent his attribute points, but oh look. In my inventory are two new items we’re going to be introducing with the Forgotten Gods expansion. What are these items you might ask? They are Merits, similar to the Crucible, you now get to use these items in the main campaign. What they do is allow you to unlock higher difficulties on your new characters. So I’ve got a Champion’s Merit that unlocks Elite and I’ve got the Saviour’s Merit that unlocks Ultimate. And that means you immediately get access to new difficulties, you immediately get all of the attribute and skill point rewards that any quest on lower difficulties would have given you which means you don’t have to go back to Normal, you don’t have to go back to Elite, if you want to start on Ultimate you will immediately get those points. You will immediately get all of the inventory bags which you would have unlocked and you immediately get all of the riftgates on the lower difficulties. Boom! 4 more attribute points, 7 skill points. Just like that. Now if I go to the main menu and click this little thing here, oh look I’m level 2 going into Ultimate difficulty!

Thewordbearer : will we need to go to lower difficulties to get devo shrines?
And that is the other thing that comes with these tokens. In Forgotten Gods we are not only enabling every single shrine that is in the world on every difficulty in the game, we’re going to be adding new shrines to the world in places you haven’t before had shrines. And that means, if you go straight to Ultimate difficulty you will be able to get all 55 devotion points in one single playthrough. On top of that, with the upcoming patch we will be buffing the bonuses from Warrants, from Mandates and Writs so you can get your reputations up faster on your alts than ever before.

anathema2741 : how is the level scaling on ultimate at level 2?
Well, let’s take a look. Now I will warn you that anyone who’s going to play like this? It’s going to be hard. I would describe this as almost playing on players 8 in Diablo 2 back in the old days, but you’ll notice these enemies are actually scaled to my level. We’ve gone ahead and through Elite and Ultimate difficulties and updated these guys so they scale from one all the way up to max level. And yes, they hurt. They give a lot more XP, but they hurt. You’re going to get all the attribute and skill points like I said and you’re going to need them because this stuff is way harder than what you’re used to. I will point out, if you look at my resistances, they are in fact altered by the difficulty scaling.

Now where do you get these tokens you might ask next. And the answer to that is in the Forgotten Gods new quest hub. As soon as you unlock the new quest content in the upcoming expansion you’ll be to go right over to a vendor and buy as many of these as you want for every single one of your characters that you’re going to roll."

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77182

Video of the stream here:

Ha. My bad. As I readded to my post, I did see this in the livestream.

Beside that, I wonder in the new expansion, will there be larger or a second stash? and will it be possible to fully undo a mastery to switch to another by then?
Sorry if answer to my followup question ever came up in the livestream, since English isn’t my native language, some information may be easily skipped.

Thank you

Guess first thing i’m doing is setting those writs to cost billions cus they are way too gamebreaking for my liking. Skipping 2 whole difficulty levels?!

Besides don’t they allow you to just get all those skill and attrib points and just go back to normal and steamroll everything?

We’ll be getting an extra personal and transfer stash tab.

And no, you will not be able to completely undo a class ingame. To do that you’ll still need a third party tool.

Don’t know the price of them yet. And you don’t have to use them, you can just play through 3 difficulties as you do now.

If that’s the way you want to play the game with the tokens you can. But I can’t see 3-4 skill points and some attribute points making that much difference in Normal, do you?

I don’t want to start an argument here but i would love to know, why this skipping feature is such an issue for you? It isn’t like you start with level 60 or something like that, you start at the level you use the token which means you can start from level 1/2, and with that alone it gets harder, because the resistance reduction counts also for these Characters. So you still have to do the work of leveling and such… the only difference is you don’t have to replay the Game three times with each character, which is in my opinion an good point, because you should only play an campaign if you are interested in it’s content and story, so if you are forced to do it three times each character(and don’t forget, GD is an Game which encourage you to play more than one character, so if you have atleast 5 characters it summs up to 15 playthrough which is INSANE) the Story | Campaign Content will get bland, stale and boring after awhile, like your favorite food if you have to eat it each day for a week or so.

And also what is the point set the price higher, instead of simply not buying it? The Feature is completly optional and you still can do your three-time runs if you want too…

Yeah, not sure what the big deal about it is. If you want to play through Normal and Elite, you still can.

This is something players have been wanting for a very long time, kudos to Crate for delivering it. I, personally, have over 30 characters that have completed Normal… I’m sure there are some here with 50+. I would like a break from it.

Heck, this sort of thing is why POE actually redesigned their entire game, so players didn’t have to play through 3 difficulties each new league. If anything, this creates an entirely new challenge… going through Ultimate without insane stats/maxxed resists? Count me in! Wonder how this will play out with the Hardcore crowd.