Forgotten Gods Development FAQ

If you haven’t heard yet, Grim Dawn’s second expansion is actively in development and is coming in Q1 2019!

You can catch up on all the news on our Development Updates (Expansion updates started with #133)

Grim Misadventure development updates are posted every two weeks (typically on Mondays).

[Expansion FAQ]

How much will the expansion cost?
Forgotten Gods is another major addition to Grim Dawn and is priced very fairly at $15.99.

When is the expansion coming?
The expansion is slated to release on March 27th, 2019!

Will there be new masteries?
Ashes of Malmouth brought the total number of mastery combinations to an impressive 28. But here at Crate Entertainment, we always do MOAR. So Forgotten Gods will introduce Grim Dawn’s 9th mastery, bringing the total number of combinations to a staggering 36!

Check out our preview of the zealous Oathkeeper!

Will there be a new chapter of the story?
Forgotten Gods will feature another huge chapter of Grim Dawn’s story, one we’ve been very eager to tell for many years. You will traverse burning sands, lush oases and volcanic wastes to reach the sun beaten ruins of a city with secrets that should never have been disturbed. The flames of a forgotten god have been rekindled, sending ripples through the Eldritch realm and sowing terror even among the Witch Gods themselves.

Will there be an increased Level cap?
In Forgotten Gods, you will gain additional Skill and Attribute points through quests and the upcoming Shattered Realm game mode, but there will not be an increase to the level cap.

Will there be an increased Devotion cap?
While Forgotten Gods will feature new Devotion Shrines and 9 new Constellations, the Devotion Cap will remain at 55.

The beauty of the Devotion System comes in the intricate paths and Constellation combinations players have developed over the years, and we want to be very careful about disrupting that balance by trivializing how you spend your Devotion points.

What are some of the new features coming with the expansion?
Forgotten Gods has many exciting new features we are very eager to get into your hands!

Learn about the Shattered Realm game mode, an intense new way to push your characters to new limits and earn powerful rewards.

Some of the tech that went into the Shattered Realm is also going to make existing content more dynamic and rewarding through the introduction of Challenge Areas!

We are also introducing awesome new mobility skills, which will be available to all characters through Rune Augments.

If you’ve ever struggled to complete an item set, you should definitely read about the Set Transmutation feature!

Attachment: GDX2_Logoedit.png

I don’t mind the delay because i know it is certainly for a good cause. And by that time I probably have a new pc running it silky smooth. :slight_smile:

If you don’t want to clutter this thread with chatter, than feel free to close the thread and remove my message.

GD devs, I’m glad to see an estimated date for the expansion. Today’s stream has surprised me because Oathkeeper seems to me a very versatile class and I think it will combine very well with the existing masteries. Good luck with the FG project, I hope you take all the necessary time to do your best. I hope you also have in mind if it is possible to unify at a single level of difficulty as something optional or something similar. Keep up the good work xD.

PD: The ninth master ?. How nice is the number ten. Maybe we will see the ten mastery in a the third expansion ?. jejejeje

if you buy 10 copies of FG, the 10th mastery will be made.:smiley:

now i forgot. All of us should:eek:

Somehow I had the false impression that it was being released in October/November, damn. When does the new patch hit (rough estimate)?

Can’t wait!
Quick question. Will the expansion add anything for GrimFashion, apart from new illusions of course?

It was originally due Q4 this year, but has been pushed back, as for the patch, iirc from the stream, it is due Q1 as well, best to double check to be sure though :undecided:

Sucks to hear that there’s a delay, but like others have said it’s worth the wait. Hell, I remember the Kickstarter all the way back in 2011, so what’s another few months for Forgotten Gods? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m super stoked to experience more of the story. This game is a classic, hands down. And even though I personally can’t buy 10 copies, I’m looking forward to whatever other projects you guys end up doing.

thank you for the summary, i’m disappointed too to have to wait next year to play it but yesterday’s stream was truely awesome and i’m sure it will be worth the wait.

keep up the great work !

Likewise. Does anyone know the reason of the “delay”?

they decided to take the time of their lives sitting in their luxury yachts instead of doing all nighters sweating in and out just to meet this year’s deadline. they dont want to release a half baked expansion so expect a massive release and content and most of all kick ass paladin class because of this good news of a delay! :wink:

more improvements, it will be bigger and better

these are two bad news.

1. Personally, in AoM, I went from the complexity “veteran” to the complexity “elite” 80 or even level 85 (Lokarr’s set + exp.boosters). And I received 33 (or 38 dp with crucible farming) devotion points. Without Lokarr’s set, exp.boosters and crucible i gained 75 level.

with the new DLC many of us will get the maximum level before the transition to the complexity “elite”. When I see that my progress in the levels is complete, but at the same time I just started the game, it saddens me.

It is necessary either to increase the level-up or to increase the amount of experience between the levels 80-90-100!

1. As for the constellations, I believe that the number of possible “paths” will decrease. There are still few of them. Why do we need more shrines, if there are 73, and only 55 of them are used?

dislike and unsubscribe (joke)

but, I am disappointed. Really and seriously :frowning:

Any more devotion points than the current 55 and it could lead to ridiculously broken builds. Stuff that then would need to be balanced heavily.

1. Increased level cap would make balancing harder. Increasing the exp b/w 90-100 is fine by me personally but it’s doubtful they’ll implement it.
  2. 55 is perfect, 1 more point would push all meta builds to a point beyond “broken”.

I tend to disagree.
From what I’ve seen sofar, FG will include a number of tier-1 constellations with a very benificial nodes to bonus affinity ratio (e.g. 4 node constellations yielding 5 or 6 bonus affinities), meaning you can unlock higher tier devotions that more easily.
That way you can do more with the same amount of 55 devotion points.

Because not everyone is a completionist. Different people have different playstyles.
Maybe you like to rush to Ultimate as soon as possible, touching solely upon the main quest in earlier difficulties, and nothing else.
Maybe you don’t like certain areas, monsters, quests.
Maybe you only like to play Crucible and get your devotion points there.
Crate is just enabling different playstyles, while still granting the possibility to get to max level and max devotion points.

1. Level is not everything - you will not get the maximum number of devotion points from Normal. There are also extra skill and attribute points to earn on Elite and Ultimate via quests or SR to completely finish a character. One-Shots on Elite/Ultimate have a higher chance to drop Legendaries. There are still plenty of reasons to keep playing Elite/Ultimate even if you hit the maximum level earlier.

2. 55 is pretty good where it’s at now, it’s enough that it forces players to make decisions as is intended.

More shrines are there so you do not need to hunt every single one out across all 3 difficulties to hit the cap, i.e. I’d be miffed if I had to spend 40 scrap for the Bastion of Chaos shrine for every difficulty and every character but I don’t - I can skip the ones on Normal/Elite and still hit the cap later. Shrines are also not half bad for getting Legendaries.

I end Veteran around level 70 when clearing everything in vanilla + AoM, chances are I will not clear everything going forward :wink:

1. As for the constellations, I believe that the number of possible “paths” will decrease.

not quite sure how having more constellations and the same number of points to spend can possibly result in fewer viable paths

FWIW I really like that the Devo and Level maximums are remaining at current.

It forces builds to change slightly in priority, depending on your priorities. Will there be better options or can I remain the same focus, etc. Those aren’t questions, per se, but rhetorical questions I will actually have to answer once the new content is released.

As always,

Thank you Crate. I sincerely enjoy this game.

Malpheas

Delay? Good news!

But why no level cap increase? Monster stat scaling?