Forgotten Gods is coming March 27th!

I don’t like taking gifts from people I am not close with. So even if I could not afford and really wanted FG, I would not accept your gift.

Hey Maffe Rooie Kat,

No need to convince us, we’re already hyped AF! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah I know, I read your “I hate gifts” post a few days ago :o

Stop being a pride snob, your birth was a gift so just accept that gifts are a part of life :smiley:

My birth was a normal day for everyone except 2 people. Maybe 3. :]

Have fun playing TQ dude! At least there the drop rates are not “xmas 24/7”

haha, guessed it. I had to declare when to get paid leave and I set it up well ; 26-29 march, guess I’ll have to push it to 28 march - 2 april tho :grin:

as for TQ, I’m still amazed that I pulled it out in less than 500 hours haha (legit - no defiler used)

But honestly TQ doesn’t hold a candle to GD, it’s just worse at every aspect IMO.

I bet you’ve played GD before TQ? I played the game since the day of release of IT (Immortal Throne), and wasted over 4k hours on it (actually, for sure less hours spent in TQ than in Cultures 4), and I don’t see anything that would be better in GD than in TQ. Sure, GD has many more mechanics, which are good, but when you look at it as a person that wasted years on TQ, less is better. There’s many things GD has too much of, resists, damage types, you actually can say mechanics, skills, and it also doesn’t have something obvious, uniqueness of enemies, mainly bosses. I’m not convincing you that TQ is better, no. Just saying what thinks a TQ veteran. Basically, I’d say the more stuff a game has the faster it becomes boring to someone, because after you test everything, or most of stuff, you’re then undecided to what to play. In TQ’s case, you choose between two, offense and defense, while in GD you have many more things to choose. It also depends on the player’s view, because one can love many things and one can love few things, and therefore the, sometimes weird, decisions.

No TL;DR because it’d be long anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: Basically, TQ is better imo to “TL;DR” the TL;DR. :cool:

\

Nope, been playing TQ for years, ever since it came out in 2005. My playtime is hard to estimate, I’d say somewhere above 2k hours total for TQ in my life. I bought Anniversary to “complete” my experience by getting all achievements. That made me look critically on TQ, not biased by nostalgia anymore. It’s a fairly poor game compared to GD. The pace is completely off - it’s literally 3 acts of killing paper dolls until finally things spice up in 4th act. The cooldown on many skills is too long (6-12 seconds while GD is mostly 2-4 seconds) which makes many of them just too weak to even bother using. The masteries don’t synergize with each other as well as they do in GD.

AE brought its own pains: can no longer activate “super flying bodies” with defiler (obviously it’s nothing to 99.99% players but I find “standard” physics of TQ slightly unrewarding, GD did it right IMO - the monsters fly further and it looks more wild), and Ragnarok is just a very poor, amateurish attempt - a professional game making studio releasing an overpriced rehash of old models (UGH) coupled with extremely bad optimization (the game literally lags on my overclocked 4790k+2400mhz CL10 RAM + 1080 Ti GPU!!), and whomever did the voice acting should be seriously ashamed of himself. I mean, some user mods like “Underlord” basically put entire Ragnarok to shame if you don’t need a new act, just gameplay improvements.

Of course it’s a matter of opinion but I can’t really find anything great in TQ… maybe the way some of the maps look. I always found Megara and the whole beach section before it very pleasant aesthetically. And the music seemed slighly better on average. The beach theme in act 4 (right after Rodos) is great, for instance, so is the theme when you advance towards Hades’ Palace - very epic. Don’t get me wrong, the game is good, I would not waste so much of my life on crappy games, it’s just that after GD has been released, I don’t really see a point of playing TQ “seriously” anymore.

I can only hope that Crate releases GD2 one day and it uses an isometric angle of view with wild physics; that’s the selling point, to be honest. Fun, highly customizable carnage with lots of loot and builds. “regular” 3d wouldn’t work for me.

You did well then since it was only released in 2006. :wink:

Like all other games some appeal to some folks, not to others. For you TQIT was okay, for me I love it and it fits me like a glove. It took GD a long while (I’m talking years) to become it’s equal for me, but it has. They are both my #1 favourite games.

Sorry, got the date wrong :wink: It’s been a while, though. I’m very happy I completed TQ - it was worth it, but the flaws of the engine and game design felt apparent on “after years” playthrough. Hunting the achievements down was pretty fun though, even creating strategies and such to get them quickly :wink: As shameful as it is, I totally abused my way from 75 to 80 with the +xp gear and tombstone trick, but I was too tired of playing 5th act for EXP, which IMHO just sucks. Immortal Throne was mostly awesome and on point; Ragnarok was mostly bleh.

My “legit” Rune+nature dude never died, but with OP thunderstrike and the menhir rocks thing it’s pretty damn hard to die lol

I mean ‘everyone’ as a general term for those finding themselves bored of PoE…

My country is in the same situation and the numbers you wrote there hit home. GD is one of the very few games i ever paid for. I hope you will join in FG somehow

I’m pretty sure 16$ is pretty ok for the amount of fun you’re getting. It’s not a 20 hours game after all, at least not for me. And I’ve already came up with two cool builds I wanna try out with the Oathkeeper.

I’m from a piss poor Eastern European country myself.

Yeah, I think it depends on whether you left the game and came back to it or not sometimes. I never left TQIT so it’s never been a problem for me. I can see the improvements GD has, but I’ve never felt that TQIT was “old” in comparison, merely different.

I actually have saved some money so if there was something I’d want I can afford it. But I rather save money anyway because there always might be something important I’d actually need. Like a new PC which I am sparing money on (I mean, this one is not that bad, honestly, but I’d want to play ELEX, or any other game without freezes).

Where do you live if i may ask?

Feels good coming from rich-ass Germany and getting enough money from my parents to pay my rent when studying AND buying games and stuff I want

You will not make many friends with such attitude, son.

…uh… this whole conversation makes me feel awkward.

P.S. I’m from Belarus… >.<

I don’t like talking about where I come from because many people are quite hostile to that particular country or aggressively joke about it. All I can say is I live in the center of Europe.

PS: I didn’t even realize this thread was renewed with another message.