Forthcoming Forgotten Gods expac - what we know so far Part I

Surprisingly little said about the expansion in the stream yesterday. This was an artwork stream with Allminoxy showing us some of the new monsters he’s working on for the expansion. Here’s the concept art for one.

And a bit further along.

And then we got to see another of the new monsters.

FG related questions/answers:

Flavourius :is that chthonic? or for a new faction
Zantai_GD :it’s not chthonic
Allminoxy: it’s eldritch

AdiosOcelote :Make a skill/item that summons this monster permanently. I want to have one of those in my side and call it Bob.
Zantai_GD :haha you guys can’t request every new mob we make as a summon

mauric1us :So Zantai, what are the remaining 2 constellations in FG ?
Zantai_GD :you’ll see soon enough

Plasmastrike67 :Have you ever considered Ultimate Veteran mode? Or will the new game mode somewhat satisfy that in a way?
Zantai_GD :definitely not adding any higher difficulties
Zantai_GD :new game mode will probably appeal to those wanting harder content

Greek_Feta_Cheese :@Zantai_GD will we be able to step into the aetherial realm or cththonian realm or the realm of the witch gods in a future expansion ?
Zantai_GD :you’ve already been in the chthonian realm
Zantai_GD :the aetherial realm is not a physical plane of existence
Zantai_GD :so you’d have trouble existing there

StrUktO :could your mind exist there?
Zantai_GD :your spirit could
Zantai_GD :but then you’re dead
Zantai_GD :so…

I mean I like the monster designs introduced in Ashes of Malmouth but what is up with Forgotten Gods. Every monster they make I want to have it as a permanent summon. It’s just so damn good.

Btw I really hope we fight a boss variant of the winged creature whose wings remain “unfinished” (basically it looks like this http://prntscr.com/jszwad)

I really hope we can get some basic differences b/w Aether and Eldritch already. That stuff hasn’t made sense to me since Day 1. I don’t even care about the meta plot at this point :smiley:

Even more monsters, yay :smiley: Can’t wait to see them in all their glory!

Based on the part about spirit inhabiting Aetherial’s realm place sounds more and more like Warp in WH40k.
Also WANT those pincers for pierce bm!

Yea Zantai is going to have to work extra hard when it comes to making those shoulder/helmet/weapons from these monsters.

A post from Zantai yesterday in another thread explaining a bit more how the movement runes were made.

I hope there will be scorpion like monsters since part of the expansion take place in the desert, right?
Btw awesome work!!!

what I learned in FG so far is that its about shame:furious:

The only person to be furious with is yourself.

on a brighter side of things wounds will heal eventually. The expansion will no doubt sell well and I will play it anyway regardless of what mastey and content they decide to throw in.

mastery aside it’s the new game mode that is killing me also. Props also to Almino for the monster design:cool:

that Zantai though:furious:

Well, he was going to tell you sooner or later and again it’s your own fault for going on about it so much. If you’d kept quiet about it, you might still be having happy dreams of a Paladin.

Hopefully we might hear something more about the new game mode soon. Big Z said back in April he thought he might be ready to show it off in a month or two - and it’s two. (hint ;))

at least finally its a confirmation we are getting one;)

I am a good person you know and I and the holy paladin community will forgive Zantai as long as he releases 2 masteries in lieu of it:p

Zantai said there will be, begin your hype;)

All he confirmed is there won’t be a Paladin mastery, never said anything else about any other type of mastery. We still await confirmation. :smiley:

And yes you can see in the screenshots from Allminoxy’s stream that one of the monsters is a scorpion type.

Also, not being named Paladin does not mean it won’t have shield spells. Call it what you want, easily RP paladin with that if it turns out to be true

So I take it ASCII rogue-like ain’t going to be the “shattering” game mode.

Could be the pathway to it

Please, what is he talking about guys? :slight_smile:

This I assume since the game gave it’s name to them.

Yay, would be my favorite mode the.