Fox's SHARPshooter Valdun Build 1.0.7.1

The wps % can never be over 100%.

As I mentioned the statistical formula is 1 - (%chance *%chance…)that at least one will proc for all the procs. That chance is only for one, and it is possible more than one could proc with a smaller chance.

They are not additive % chances out of a weighted 100%.

Edit: and if they are not exclusive, there is a chance that everything can proc on a single default.

I never said that wps can be over 100%, why are you keep saying that. What is your point even? I have already stated mine, if you have wps pool that adds up to more than 100%, their individual chances are lowered so the sum of their chances to proc is 100%. How is that not clear? Or you think we can add infinite amount of wps each with 20% proc and they will all proc with 20% chance?? Dude.

hink we can add infinite amount of wps each with 20% proc and they will all proc with 20% chance

Yes!

That is why I asked for you to confirm that you are arguing that every proc is mutually exclusive

Why would you need me to confirm it? How can you even have more than five wps with an individual chance to proc that is 20%+? how is that even possible in this particular Universe? :smiley:

Probability doesn’t add as such.

Each has an individual 20% chance without influence by others (if procs do not exclude each other)

for 5 of 20% proc it is
1-(.2 x .2 x.2 x.2 x.2) -> 99.968% of at least one proc happening

adding one more for 6
is 99.9936% chance of one.

The probability of getting all of 5 x 20% procs at once would be
.2x.2x.2.x.2x.2 or 3.2% – if more than one proc is allowed during each default attack and there is not some sort of exclusive restriction.

and so on.

You kinda lost me a bit with that, BUT. In GD only one WPS can proc at a time. So yeah, if you have 5 wps each with proc chance 25%, their actual proc chance will be reduced to 20%, etc.

The game picks one wps at random to proc with the default attack, meaning multiple wps can’t proc at once.

Let’s say you have 4 wps with each having 25% chance. This is how the game does it from my understanding:

1 to 25 - 26 to 50 - 51 to 75 - 76 to 100

Each time you attack, the game will pick a number and the wps corresponding to the number activates. Add another 25% chance to activate wps and it lowers every wps chance to proc to 20%.

Wow! That is so counter-intuitive.

Alright, thanks. I had it all wrong.

So too many procs (including devotions and gear) could be a bad thing.

This actually only applies to wps (the ones that say activates off of default weapon attacks). Devotion procs and procs like 10% chance on attack on an item don’t affect any of this, you can have as many as you want and it doesn’t interfere with wps chance.

God damn it, hallyhamster, I wrote that Bursting Round is bad here and wrote like 6 posts after that and you only believed it when Norzan chimed in. I am not that bad with game mechanics :D.

EDIT: ye, only applies to wps. And it’s very reasonable to have wps balanced like that, first of all, they are much more powerful then devotion and item procs. Second of all, they involve some kind of unique character animation, so you can’t have two at once (except ranged wps, I guess).

Well, Norzan did save you from beating your head against your desk…because I was about to ask how the order was determined. However, I do appreciate your guidance, even if it takes time.

But still need to ask: wps…

Are devotion procs set to a weapon attack skill added to this up-to-100% and weighted category? OR is this only skills and items?

P.S. Big Big apologies to OP for highjacking the thread.

No, they are not put in the wps category, meaning they aren’t weighted in into the 100%. It means a devotion can happen on top of a default attack boosted by the wps that procced the devotion.

25+25+20+20+20=110

WPS currently holds 110%

Minimized down to 100% it is roughly only -2% chance of each WPS proccing from the pool (unless there is some other math involved) which boils down to:

23+23+18+18+18=100

But a WPS will still proc on every autoattack. This minor reduction in chance is miniscule considering the high attack speed.

I would like to hear the explanation as to why Bursting Round is so bad, though.