FPS Issues in big crowds

Hey all! As many others I’ve got some FPS issues. There are not new but it just came to a time now when i started dying thanks to them and it’s annoying as all hell.

It happens mostly in big crowds but it also happens in smaller packs which is quite a bummer for the experience.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16 RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

Any tips what i can do to fix it?

I would post my dxdiag but it says it’s too many characters. What is the best way to show it to ya all?

Attachment: DxDiag.txt

Closing Chrome while play helps a lot. I don’t know why but the game uses some share resources with the browser rendering engine.

It’s a shame they haven’t fixed the performance issues yet, I was having similar problems with a good computer about 6 months ago. I’m getting the itch to reinstall GD but not if it’s going to be choppy :frowning:

Yeah it’s pretty annoying it’s this bad. I suppose the next game should go for a new engine.

It did get a bit better when i turned the lightning down but i also need everything on Medium / low. With my gear i can play Witcher 3 without issues at 120 at high.

Just like that? Flick of the switch type thing right? Probably wouldn’t require years more of work on a game they are more or less wrapping up on?
:eek::rolleyes:

It almost certainly will.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=488790#post488790

You can mostly thank the XboxOne port. :wink:

It requires DX11 and we’ll also need to do a bunch of work to get decent frame rates on there. We won’t be changing anything else about the PC version that will affect gameplay but it will get these engine improvements and some additional controller functionality.

We also are planning another “spin-off” game that is based on GD but a somewhat different kind of game.

The totally new non-GD project we’re working on uses Unity.[/QUOTE]

And they’ve been seen to say (in reference to any possible GD2) that it would use a new engine, likely an established licensed one. I think everyone agrees this is probably the last hurrah of the TQ engine.

Anyway, there are performance improvements coming this year.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=488766#post488766

Really good answer and thank you for the links.