Free Speech on Private Sites Discussion

That’s true, but i share the Opinion that doesn’t mean that everyone is forced to hear said freedom of speech, and that’s the problem nowdays especially on Internet.

People not only want to use the freedom of speech to express their “opinion”, they want to be heard, forced down the throats of others and also that people follow their example. For them it’s not important anymore if this - i’d say pretty obsessive way to express their freedom of speech, bothers other people to a point where they want to leave said plattform / social network / place, because people are sick of this all-time-drama, as long as they can use it and as often they want too.

And that’s what is especially problematic in modern Days in Social Networks. It’s okay when a freshly released Game comes out and someone doesn’t like it, to express that, but i find it pretty toxic when people hieve it up to the next level, where on reddit and other social plattforms on each topic the same negative bs is said by the same people over and over again, worst case scenario jump on people who don’t feel the same about the game. I’ve quite some forums, where you were pretty unable to have a normal conversation with fellow players who enjoy the game, talk about story/lore Gameplas and stuff, ask for hints and such, than these said toxic people feel the neccissity to water down every topic (so basically off-topic) with their “The Game is shit… Dev needs to fired” and such nonsense. And if you point out we’ve a seperate topic where you can talk about these stuff and don’t should derail the topic, than they hide between their “Freedom of Speech”. And when Mods or Admins try to do something against that, than they’re threated as the bad guys who take away their freedom of speech(which isn’t even true).

And the most ironic thing about “Freedom of Speech” is that alot of people who argue with that stuff quite often, especially if we go down to the political correctness and stuff, are the ones which are the most intolerant ones if it comes down to freedom of speech when someone have a different(maybe more controversal) opinion or viewpoint and than the witchhunts begin. And even further some Arguments and Viewpoints get taken out of context and twisted and try to kill all credibility said person has.

But to get straight back to the topic, from my side i also agree with powbam, while freedom of speech is important and vital, there needs to be limits where and when to express them. And if you come into my house, and keep nagging me about the same stuff over and over again, maybe even go as far and get personally & attacking (or try to provoke / flamebait me) than i’d argue i’ve the right to ban you from my own property, from my own house. And the same goes for this. People still can express his freedom on speech, there are many places in the Internet where he can do… like youtube or whatever. But on the very own Crate Forum Crate should be allowed to ban said people if they act inproperate…

2 Likes

Actually that’s the way personal opinion works. People always feel their opinion is right and others are wrong all the time. So they feel the obsessive need to always force their opinions on others, so that creates flame wars.

To have discussion or meaningful conversation in that manner, you need both parties to accept arguments/facts from the other one. In reality that’s pretty rare to see. Also Dunning-Kruger effect is often on full display.

1 Like