Fresh Start ACT 1 BladeMaster [2H Pierce Template]

Have you ever just wanted to start in Ultimate and have a fun playthrough of all the story mode?

I have created a template for others to enjoy!

Starts in ACT 1 Fresh [ Ultimate Difficulty]

Starts at level 66 [An Appropriate Level / Skill Tree ]
Starts with 55 devotion points [ Most people have all devotions after beating Elite]
Starts with item level 63 average [ Strong Gear ] [Bonus Skeleton Key + XP Potion]

Uses Custom Build [Very Fun Template]

2-H Force Wave + Pet [Scales With Player]

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aEBAB2 [Build]

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04292766687463465135 [Character Save File]

I have been testing this build [It’s an Alpha]

Cleared ACT I, II, III on Ultimate

Complete Devastation – Fastest Boss Kills I’ve Ever Seen

ACT 3 boss required some kiting due to 0 Chaos Resistance

Considering I only built him versus Pierce, Aether, and Acid Originally

Made it to ACT 4 without changing a single item

lvl 76 now – probably will re-gear him soon. 70+ so can aug gear now.

Pretty happy with this character might main it later.

Can be changed to 2h Ranged or 2h Melee Cadence Build Easily

Lot’s of Options

So Far Working Great!!

What would be next upgrades? Increasing elemental res?

I have run into some gearing issues between 80 and 94.
Once you reach 94 and can wield the best legendaries this becomes less of an issue.
However.

Yes capping res for all damage types
perhaps increasing stun res

I need to experiment more to find out optimal OA and DA levels.

So far it kills so quickly and can kite it has not needed much DA
however that will change end-game

Good news is the build has some strong self healing as well in case of emergency
the pants cause an AOE when attacked, and I recently trained a frost AOE when attacked in the nightblade tree also

I am currently lvl 78 but im thinking about boosting the character to 94 to save time.
Grinding 78-94 is possible with minor changes to gear and increasing res.
It’s just that the sword you are using has no real upgrade from level 66 to 94
not a huge deal cause damage is not a problem , forcewave doing like 30k spammable

I will post an updated grim tools link most likely to a lvl 94 version of the build.

Most likely will not be using any SET’s which is not a bad thing as this build will still be great and 2hand blade master is doing insane damage

At some point I might try to work in some lifesteal , I have moved a few points into 2hand devotions I still need to post an updated link

one final note : you will find in the inventory bags there is an alternative relic.
he starts with a pet relic which is really good but if you want to go no-pet option, there is a relic that has a defensive explosion aoe much like the pants/frost aoe
keep in mind your main weapon converts frost to pierce so this increases that as well.

Current Grim Tools : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25oPMlZ

Lvl 78 –

I have no updated gear yet but made some changes to devotion and skill tree that seem important.

Ultimate Act I , II, III are totally cleared. I am on the quest for the final boss of ACT IV but I am thinking I will grind to level 94 or boost 94 , and find better gear for the final boss of the base game.

This part will require some trial and error.

my first attempt will be to focus heavily on pierce damage and build what resistance I can secondary

If that fails I will focus on resistance and DA and perhaps lifesteal first tho I would prefer to keep it rather damage heavy.

[Just a note I was originally planning to be a 2h pierce cadence build , forcewave has just been working great – I might make a cadence 2h ranged or 2h melee version later]

For the record this is mostly a Soldier build , but it does have aoe pierce debuff aura and aoe frost explosion and a self heal from the nightblade tree as well as some additional mastery points from the second class.

LVL 94 Version Update :

Build still needs improvement , should be a strong item setup.

I made a critical error , I thought that amarasta’s blade burst was a passive proc

It appears to be an active ability , I have it linked to a devotion atm
on a plus side it hits like a truck and spawns a shadow pet

Don’t really need 2 actives since its forcewave spammer

I will try to solve this issue later, probably assigning those points back into mastery for more HP

Testing atm

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZodoMdN

Edit : Act 4 Clear , Log Dead.

Both Abilities Work Decent Together , Not Really An Issue Will Optimize Later.
It provides CC and can be used while spamming forcewave for extra aoe dps in the proximity
Probably will remove it later for more HP from mastery however.

So summarize build works for act’s 1 2 and 3, may need to upgrade gear to finish act 4.
capping res should also allow clearing of AOM and FG content.

I am pretty satisfied this build turned out stronger than intended

Final Update fixed issue

more hp , more aoe

suggested 94+ items/skill/devotion : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7G3kOV