Frontier Development Happenings

cheat codes, classic!

so that’s what you get when the game designer has little kids and works from home: a game about shit.

that’s… that’s pretty much the official name now, right?

1 Like

So Med, (or maybe Andrew :stuck_out_tongue: looks like hes the one adding them) whats the best code in game so far you reckon?
Just the code word, I want to try guess what it does :smiley:

Makes me wonder if there is a disaster feature like in city skylines

Holy crap man… just read the details on the steam page and the crop rotation/resource management and diseases sound very very cool… I am dying to experiment!!

I’m gonna come out and say it. Though, i might probably play your city builder, why not have a go on a new arpg? You made an amazing game with grim dawn which is widely considered as one of the solid foundation of isometric arpg genre. Its also a place to build a cash cow compared to a city builder.

Also ONLY reason I came to know of the city builder title is cause, I remembered grim dawn and came here to check what’s happening

You have not been the first and will not be the last to do so. If you are interested in Crate’s reasoning, go to Grim Dawn FAQ - Compilation of Dev Feedback and check out Other games Crate has been working on and maybe also the rest of that post :wink:

2 Likes

Reminds me of a time when I stood up mid-diahrrea to puke and the force of my gag reflex was enough to paint the toilet wall behind me.

Looks like Ulthar the Nightsoiler escaped a slow death by dysentry.

Haven’t been this excited to play a game in good while!

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Let’s hope Medierra doesn’t delay too much longer in releasing it for us to enjoy.

Whoa whoa whoa… are you telling me not only will we get a town builder, we will get a game in the modern days that has cheat codes? Please tell me it is so.

Hey Med, any new happenings in the realm of the frontier? :stuck_out_tongue:

I love everything about this. There has so be some level of micro if it’s going to be a city-builder.

Its September. Do we really have a chance for a release this year? I dont really have time for games thanks to my second born but town builder have been my secret love for years. Playing cities skyline these days with my first son. Transport fever 1 & 2 are also what he played. Settlers 2, 3 (the more recent title getting ridiculous with the game length). Stronghold. The nation, anyone? Tropico. holiday island! Majesty, although more toward combat and no resource stuff. Sim farm even lol. no need to mention of the many recent indie titles.

I hope there will be surprise but please spare me me the surprise if there aren’t :smiley: :smiley:

Please save us, give us something cool to play, so many failed/delayed games this year, cant take it anymore.

Bro it’s been 6 months since they haven’t been able to release a trailer for the game let alone giving you anything else lol.

No chance it drops this year, not with the snails pace of content that’s been coming out showing us anything off.

Well, we already know the release date has been put back to 2022; it’s shown on the game’s Steam page. And Medierra had this to say the other day.

3 Likes

Do they owe you something?

1 Like

obviously,
customer spent 8-30$ on a product once;
clearly that means the developer/producer of said product are indebted for life to keep adding and updating said product, so it stays “fresh” and current through its customer’s lifespan; and any future products to be released at past-product-customer’s will :ok_hand: - that’s just regular business practice :face_with_monocle:

The way i see it, Crate just want to hold back giving community with updates this time around. No doubt its exhausting to keep up with giving updates and tease during GD case. I dont mind having no update. Just want to keep my expectation updated and i like them longer if they are indeed long.

1 Like

Makes sense and understandable.