Frustrated: Quests to places I can't get to

Really enjoying Grim dawn so far - Apart from major frustration when It’s not possible to get to where a quest needs you to go. Ran into this problem once already - explored all the areas in the direction I wanted to go, only to find there was no way to get there. And then another quest finally opened up a way.

Now I’ve hit the same problem again; I find this Really, Really annoying…
Is there a list of which quests open up access to new areas, or is there any chance of the developers fixing things so that when you get a new quest it opens up the necessary routes so you can actually get there?

I don’t think there are quests,that open new areas,except the quest about Violoth the slit boss in act 1.If you have problems with specific quest,you can ask.

1 Like

Curremt quest: A forgotten Evil. Speak to Imquisitor Creed at Fort Ikon.
The closest I can get is Asterkarn road. I can rift in to the location, but the road is blocked in both directions (rubble under bridge one way, fence across road the other). Going up into the fort building has one room with no accesible exits.

I have tried in the past and I was able to go to Fort Ikon,before speaking to Inquisitor Creed.I am absolutely certain of that.

If it’s not changed,you need to search for unblocked path.

1 Like

There is nothing blocking you from reaching Fort Ikon, you just need to explore the map.

In general, I cannot think of any case where I cannot reach the location of a quest by the time I receive the quest. No idea which one you had issues with.

1 Like

It’s a mistake I still make sometimes - you need to go up the stairs and then turn left.

https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Asterkarn_Road

4 Likes

Here’s a link to the world map, there’s nothing blocking your path in this scenario you just need to explore:

https://www.grimtools.com/map/markers/rifts/419

I do remember getting stuck after reaching Homestead. After I killed the Amalgamation I didn’t bother reading the dialogue which tells you that the gate is now open and you can walk out the east side of Homestead. I spent some time trying to figure out where to go at the barn where you kill the amalgamation. Derp, derp, derp.

1 Like

lol nice to know im not the only one. I had no problem myself getting to Fort Ikon. Its just a matter of finding the route through the map. But that going out the west side of Homestead threw me alot. I kept trying to go out north side and getting confused about why I couldn’t do that quest. I also didn’t realize cannons were in area “Before” Homestead. I think I actually skipped that quest the first time I just gave up. Of course once you figure it out then you never forget.

1 Like

there are a few, like both doors in Homestead opens after you complete some quests, the portal to Void’s Edge in AoM opens after completing some quests. same for the exit out of malmouth sewer, etc

1 Like

What you guys (and OP) shouldn’t forget either, that GD have a kind of random Path “Generator” where some paths are sometime blocked by stone, or simply a wall (and at other times you have doors there) and so on… Normally there should be still a path to go further, but if you don’t find it you can try be restarting the game session(quit to menu and then go into game back again).

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for your help - I managed to find my way to fort Ikon OK :).