FSR update

please…
when playing it’s normal, but when there’s so many explosion and stuff, my FPS drops by half

Have you checked to see if anything in here helps?

Why would you expect FPS to stay the same regardless of what happens on the screen? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Do I understand correctly that you want stable FPS at all costs? Even by sacrificing resolution dynamically? Where does this come from? Maybe consoles, because they don’t provide visual options. Or watching videos, because they would naturally lower resolution rather than drop frames.

I just don’t get it. Adjust the video settings like we all do and carry on. Possibly shadows, lighting and particles if crowds give you trouble.

3 Likes

so it’s not possible?
i’ve already using low, and please don’t ask about upgrading PC

look, i’m using win 10, can play RE8 medium setting and 3440x1440, of course with FSR, and i get respectable 60FPS (i limit the FPS, it should be more but i see no difference anyway)
weird isnt it

i could lower my resolution, but it looks weird on my monitor, it’s ether stretched or having black bar (it is a ultra widescreen, not FHD monitor)

@medea_fleecestealer
maybe using win 7… but that’s a hassle

@Res
whatever man

Not much advice anyone can give you outside of general troubleshooting steps. Beyond your resolution it’s usually somewhat more helpful to know what kind of hardware you’re running too so we have a fuller picture of what you’re working with.

ah yes, its
win 10, CPU I5 10400, 16GB ram and RX 5500 XT (i was late to upgrade lol)
using ultra widescreen monitor 3440x1440 @144Hz, i know it’s too much for my VGA, way too big. usually i prefer using all low but with native resolution

i use NVME although not installed on it, somehow it has problem using NVME (i tested with other games)

maybe reinstall later, idk (definitely not win 11)

you want Crate,
a small indie dev team,
that is already fully busy,
make a gpu manufacturer specific feature update,
just because the game/performance behaves as expected; when it gets more busy on screen/ingame??? @_@ :no_mouth:

idono, i probably wouldn’t hold my breath for it,
but who knows, maybe it’s easy to implement/Crate decides to be mighty accommodating “just because”, or they discover it works well with the Xbox port, or something :man_shrugging:

idk, i’m using ideas and feedback
and i posted it since it doesnt seem there’s any
so why not?

i’m not forcing anyone. it’s great if we have it, but it’s also fine without it

gist of my post is, “manage your expectations”, that’s all
granted i know 0 about coding etc, but i’m guessing it’s not a feature you “just” implement like the flip of a switch, so i wouldn’t expect it to fall into the “likely” of feedbacks that makes it into the game, assuming it’s not a small thing
but maybe it is easy to implement, or like i said, maybe it’s such a worthwhile feature for their Xbox port Crate decides to do it and possibly makes it into the PC version
still probably wouldn’t hold my breath tho

When you say fps drops by half what are you getting normally?

it depends actually, at other place i almost got 1000, but in malmouth outskirt (devil crossing too), it get 60, and when attacking with many enemies, it get as 42. and i use mostly medium to low and other setting off
maybe because it’s malmouth, this DLC is rather demanding… since other places are almost 100

or maybe because i use the upper launcher? it doesnt seem that different

As I understand it FSR now works on both Nvidia and AMD cards. Another Indie developer (Midgar Studio) put it in there game with possibly a smaller team. I get the Grim Dawn is a now an older game and will likely never see any type of super resolution/upscaling. It does kind of need it though. I haven’t been able to run comfortably @ 1440p with decent settings on my GTX 1080. I’m now sporting a RTX 2070 Super and have yet to try.

Times are very tough now days. GPUs are insanely expensive and this will effect future game sales. Many people will not be able to afford the cards that they would normally aim for and will have to settle for lower tier hardware. I don’t think things will ever be back to normal. Crypto may be down now, but it is not likely to stay that way. At best, GPU prices and availability will fluctuate for years to come and prices will never fully return to their glory days.

This is where upscaling tech comes in. Giving this option ensures that more people are able to play your games at a reasonable frame rate at their desired resolution.

In the next year or so, I will expect to see upscaling in every future game I buy that is designed to run without a frame rate cap. I will expect it to be in Grim Dawn 2. How well the game runs @ 1440p on my hardware will effect my purchasing decisions until that hardware can be replaced.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.