Fun Sets to Build Around

Good morning,

I have finally been able to take Mal’s acid perdition build to SR 65-66 and have been farming these two shards and slowly accumulating some purple items. Thank you Mal for a very fun and well thought out build!!!

Anyway, there are tons of sets out there and I was wondering which ones y’all thought might be fun to build around for a follow up character. I do not have any of the sets completed but was contemplating leveling another character in between farming SR65-66.

Thank you very much for any advice. These are the nicest most helpful forums for any game I have ever played (and that goes back 30+ years!).

Ressin

1 Like

It depends what kind of style you enjoy the most- melee, ranged, caster, etc. For example if you like exploding stuff, you can try Ulzuin. I like as set for example Korba. And Korba Trickster can ever shine with just the head and chest, without even needing the weapons. Dark and is very pleasant set and also allows you to choose between Ritualist, Cabalist or Conjurer.

Out of the box sets are the ones with reduction to CC. Mageslayer allows you to deep freeze enemies with Olexrs. Rimetongue can make Blade trap work. So you have endless possibilities. Let us know what you like!

1 Like

I would say vanquisher set. It’s kinda funny to skate around with near 0 CD

EDIT: Personally, what I find the most fun/rewarding to play are sets which are extremely difficult to use.

Because how well you do is as much so dependent on you, the player, as it is the character you’re controlling.

In other words, there’s a very tangible feedback you get when you outplay enemies.

Thank you Nery.

I am also slowly farming Dark One set - have the chest but that is all so far.

I think I would like to try a gun build although I wonder if that is just a variant of a caster/range build.

I did farm Krieg’s set but I am not sure I can stomach the thought of leveling a soldier - tried it but forceweave and cadence were just numbing to play in my opinion.

What about a set or build that focuses on cold damage? I’ve always liked freeze based builds in other games.

Thank you!

Ressin

Spank,

Interesting…and which sets would fall into that category? When I read the stats on the different sets they ALL look pretty cool!

Been trying to get Vanquisher set - going to be hard for me I think with the RNG and my limited play time but will keep trying!

Thank you!

Ressin

It really depends on your playstyle preference, because how each set/skill/mastery functions mechanically depends on the “archetype” you choose to follow.

My favorite has always been high DPS casters, which stay alive mostly through positioning.

So the builds you’ll tend to see me post involve predominantly a hit-'n-run playstyle.

i.e. I’ll appear in front of a priority target, destroy it in seconds, and vanish before I get surrounded. here’s my most recent post

Superfluff and Nery both love dual wield melee. This playstyle involves getting up-close and personal, and cutting swathes through enemy mobs.

This playstyle is unfortunately not as “efficient” as it used to be given the number of debuffs enemies can stack on you.

Then you have your classic sword-'n-board tank where you opt to outlast your enemies, as opposed to outkilling them.

The list goes on and on.

So what would be helpful is if you could first decide on an archetype YOU find cool. That’ll help narrow your search parameters, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense. With that said how about a dual wield cold based freeze em and shatter em kind of build!

Ressin

Full disclosure just so you know what you’re getting yourself into should you choose to pursue it:

Unfortunately, freeze doesn’t work very well in the end game as lots of higher level enemies pack a lot of CC-res.

This was introduced as it used to be possible to freeze a nem in the middle of its attack animation, thereby forcing it to restart the entire attack cycle.

Furthermore, most freeze-based specs are also casters.

I don’t think there’s a DW freeze build around, but you’re more than welcome to try crafting one.

I would suggest looking into the mageslayer set.

@ressin:

I thought you might be interested in this.

Many sets start with a helmet blueprint. You can craft several helmets and use the transmute dude to produce all the pieces.

You don’t have to. My latest build is a Sorcerer built around this set and it’s pretty powerful.

1 Like

Thank you to all for the helpful suggestions!

Tfw no one mentions pets… image

That’s why we need you here in this forum Maya. Post just one set, for Fwuffy :bird:

1 Like
  • Mythical Beastcaller set if you wish to focus on Briarthorn or Bleed based Pet builds.

• Bysmiel’s Trinkets for focusing on Familiar or Elemental Pet builds.

• Ghol’s Malice for Blightfiends or Poison&Acid Pet builds.

• Diviner’s Vision for Reap Spirit or Aether Pet builds.

• Lost Souls for Skeleton or Vitality Pet builds.

• Ask Zantai for a proper Hellhound Set for Hellhound or Fire/Chaos Pet builds :zantai:

2 Likes

That is a nice helpful list Maya! Thank you!

1 Like

That is a great link. I love that build…ice everywhere…Now to farm the items and level a arcanist…

Thank you Spanks!

1 Like

I would focus on levelling a good farming build first. That way you can use it to build up a nice library of items.

2 Likes

I’ve really found Vanquisher set / Vire’s might build as a Templar really fun. It’s one of the quickest builds to farm aether crystals, seals, blooms and rogue dungeons in general. It’s surely a build you’d want at your disposal in your roster.

If you’ve ever played marvel heroes when it was around, it’s much like a Silver Surfer movement build without the resource and cooldown management.

So I second the vote for vanquisher set. Not only for it’s great utility but I personally find it fun zipping around and layering on the damage without having to stay in one spot.

Spanks and Mungus,

I have malwielglenn’s Acid Aegis sentinel build and can farm SR 65-66 on normal with no death 99% of the time. I usually get 6-8 legendaries per run with blueprints. I do this based on a observation Maya put in one of her pet builds and it seems to be working well.

The Vanquisher set is one I am trying to get but man I hate running rogue dungeons.

I should find time to post where my build is at for some critiquing.

I appreciate the feedback and suggestions!

1 Like

Awesome. Sounds like you’re all set to experiment then!

Knock yourself out m8

'member how they used to be the SR of AoM? I 'member

I started playing earlier this year before FG dropped but not nearly enough to every get to the point where rogue dungeons were farming!! Hell I have not even defeated all four yet, lol.

Thanks again for the help Spanks.

1 Like