FYI: Sustainable forestry is already possible

I really think that this should not be meant that way, that 4 slot worker options should never be used, if people start the game the first time, they surely don’t know all the tricks we know now.

Like it is also only useful to place Oaks, because they will have 9 planks all others 6 or even less than that. And 5 gold for a decoration tree is high, if you haven’t got so many gold (which you need for tier 3 and services).

• buying 1 plank for 4 gold or more from the tradors is also not a great option, especially when you are in tier 2.

The lack of wood lowers the fun enormoulsy, for players like me, who just wanna build a town and don’t want so many challenges.
Reaching tear 3 is also not easy now, even on pionier.

1 Like

Maples and Oaks can now get up to 12 logs for fully mature trees, 9 is the most I’ve seen for a Birch. But work camp labourers will cut earlier than that.

I’m running three camps in my current Nazilvar settlement and the only “complaint” I’ve had from them is that they’ve run out of stone. I’ve moved one camp over to entirely logging as a result but even that two-crew camp isn’t complaining about lack of trees to cut… although two of the work areas look quite bare in terms of trees they aren’t actually empty.

1 Like

I run 2 camps so 8 workers doing just trees and I never run out. (I have 18K logs right now ) Granted it depends on the map. My map is full forest map.