Game crash to desktop with no message after playing 5-10 minutes v0.9.1a

Hello,

I bought the game few days ago and I like it but my game crashes when I play every 5 or 10 minutes. I do not crash when I am in the menu. It is random, I frequently crash every 5 to 10 minutes but sometimes, when lucky, I crashe after 30 minutes. The game is saved every 5 minutes fortunately.

I’ve checked the files, verified the game, reinstalled it, reinstalled steam, reinstalled windows 11… still the same problem. I’ll try a new map.

Hope you will be able to help, thanks

crash.zip (48.4 KB)

Hi Deferto14,

Sorry to hear you’re having crashes. I looked at your crash dump (thanks for attaching that) and you are crashing in an Nvidia .dll.

These kind of crashes can often be fixed by upgrading to the latest Nvidia drivers. I’d suggest giving that a shot.

Thanks!

crash - NVDIA drvier 551. last version.zip (52.4 KB)
crash - NVDIA driver 537. version.zip (54.7 KB)

Hello,

I uninstalled the GPU NVDIA driver and then installed an old NVDIA driver version (537.) successfully = I crashed.
I’ve uninstalled the 537. version and updated to the last and current version (551.) successfully = I have crashed as well after 5 minutes.
Installing different Geforce drivers doesn’t work.

Please help

Thanks…

Still crashing in graphics stuff. Can you generate and send in a DxDiag.txt file following these instructions?

1. From anywhere in Windows, press and hold the Windows key (on the bottom-right of your keyboard, between Ctrl and Alt) and simultaneously press R
  2. The Run dialog will appear
  3. Type “dxdiag” and press Enter
  4. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will appear, showing all of your system information
  5. Click on "Save All Information… " at the bottom of the window
  6. Optionally rename the file and then save it to a location of your choice

Yes sure, here it is :

DxDiag.txt (104.1 KB)

Tell me if I can do anything else, keep me informed

crash.zip (63.7 KB)
DxDiag 2.txt (104.4 KB)

Hello,

The game keeps crashing even after the update 0.9.2 what can I do ? I am desesperate

Thanks

Hi there.

Looking at your DxDiag.txt, it does seem that your machine should be more than capable to run Farthest Frontier. You are still crashing in graphics code, mostly in Nvidia .dlls.

I also note you are crashing similarly in other apps:

NVDisplay.Container.exe - which is the Nvida panel app, and certainly shouldn’t be crashing unless there is some graphics hardware/driver issues.

Minecraft.Windows.exe - which, of course is a video game, is crashing.

CpuOcct64.exe - and this, which is typically used to overclock systems and itself is crashing.

If you are overclocking you system, driver/hardware level crashes are always a possibility. I would suggest you use that app to un-overclock your system, and perhaps uninstall it, and see if you have any better system stability while playing games like Minecraft and Farthest Frontier.

Unfortunately, we don’t really have access/control of the IL2CPP generated code that Unity (the game engine we use to make FF), produces, but certainly an unstable or overclocked system can causes crashes.