Gary Busey Grim Dawn voice actor

If Gary Busey is not the voice of the guy in Devil’s Crossing at the beginning of the game who sends me out to find parts for the water pump, and something else that escapes me atm–I’ll eat my hat…:wink: I would know his voice anywhere–it is utterly distinctive to the point of being obvious if you’ve seen Busey in a few of his flicks–which I have, of course. First time I played the game and heard the voice I knew it was Busey. I had the wife listen–she agreed. There’s just no way it’s not Gary Busey…:wink:

I’m posting this because I’d like some confirmation as I didn’t see his name in the game credits. I thought he did a really great job…professional actors make a big difference. His part was relatively small compared to the rest of the game in which he did not appear, but he performed his lines like he really believed what he was saying–the mark of true professional. I have a high-def sound card with a ear-phone amp built in and all the voices come through clear as a bell (as does everything else…;)). I cannot see how this is a figment of mine…:wink:

The interesting thing is in the game’s voice acting is that some are obviously reading the script–it’s quite glaring which ones are doing it–and which aren’t–well, they are all reading it, of course–but Busey and some of the others clearly have practiced the lines and decided how they want to deliver them–so as to sound convincing. Again, the ones that are just reading off the paper script with all the wrong inflections are the ones who aren’t taking their roles very seriously–or professionally.

I thought Busey did his part very well, even as unfortunately small as it was. The way these lines are delivered by some and no mention of Busey (that I have seen to date) leads me to believe that some of these people are relatives of some principal developers in Crate–or possibly friends…? I know I could be all wet on that score–and probably am–but I have to ask!

Please don’t tell me it’s not Busey…:wink:

GD is not listed on his homepage (scroll down to video games)… it seems someone has a similar voice.

I recommend tabasco sauce. :wink:

I know–couldn’t find the credits to confirm it, either…but it’s him–I know it’s him…:wink: That voice–nobody else has it…;):wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.