Gates of Anguish

Is there are special skeleton key that opens the sealed door? It clearly says skeleton keys can be used. Maybe it’s bugged. Although it appears no one seems to be having problems with skeleton keys.

TY :slight_smile:
Gianluca

do you have a skeleton key in your char’s inventory?

Kalderos should give you a skeleton key and the blueprint to make more as well once you speak with him.

https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Descent_into_Torment

You need a new key every time you want to enter a rogue-like dungeon. And as Malawi says you must have a key in your inventory.

clarification: Kalderos will give blueprint for skellie key. You still need to craft it at a blacksmith (blood of chthon, corpse dust and ectoplasm)

I guess you need to find the quest Old Scars, which is the prerequisite for Descent into Torment.

Thx for the reply. Yes I have many keys in my inventory, can you only use 1 at a time? In a past patch, I did receive the plans, however, he no longer shows.

TY

Are you carrying the Skeleton Keys with you, or are they in the stash at the smuggler? You need to bring a key with you.

If you have died after entering the Gates of Anguish, you can only come in again if you start a new session. You also must have another Skeleton Key in your inventory.
In my first time, I opened the door but I didn’t enter (yeah, call me stupid! :crazy_face: )…
After a few seconds, the door closed and I had not entered. So, it was not possible to open it again, although I had more 2 key in my inventory. I had to restart a session.

but then it says that door can not be opened again this session

Well, looking at the OP’s picture I suspect eisprinzessin has solved it. They’ve not done the previous quest since Kaledros doesn’t seem to be where he should be by the gate. Check your quest log to see if the Old Scars quest has been done or not.

I do have the keys with me. I don’t believe it say’s anything about a session until after.

@medea_fleecestealer, good idea I better me sure.

Thx guys, I’m straight now :slight_smile:
Gianluca

I take it back, I don’t see “Old Scars” anywhere on my log. I hope I don’t have to start over?

Please help
me
Thx
Gianluca

You can only do each rogue dungeon once every session. You also need to use a skeleton key to open the entrance and the Old Scars quest gives a blueprint that allows you to craft skeleton keys at the blacksmith.

Do you really need to complete the old scar quest to access the dungeon?

No you dont. You can get the BP from the secret vendor in the Blood Grove also.

Wheew, what a relief.

many thx
Gian