Gear that should be craftable

This is a thread to list build enabling items that are very important for a number of builds, which would be better off as craftable so players are not starved of these items (especially on HC). If anyone has suggestions feel free to add.

My suggestion is to make Magelord rings craftable. There are quite a few builds to benefit from these but in my thousands of hours I only found one pair. Maybe I experienced poor RNG but accessory drop rates do seem to be a PITA, even for epics.

Given that a substantial amount of gear is now craftable, either directly or indirectly via transmutation (and stat re-rolling is a thing). I think this is a reasonable request for a pesky epic.

1 Like

Some items are supposed to be rare.

I get that, but ever since transmutation there are instances like this where the intended rarity of Legendary>Epic becomes reversed on a big scale. I can quite easily acquire and re-roll a legendary set to get great conversion and other stats, but epic rings such as magelord are a nightmare just to get? Seems too inconsistent.

+1 to Magelords. You’d want that conversion rolls to cause a little bit less suicidal frustration.

1 Like

Magelord’s?

Overall I feel there is a huge lack of options in terms of conversion rings. I stated this in a different thread when I was ranting about the drop rate on magi rings.

So I understand the rage inducing feeling of loading a crap magelord’s.

The best suggestion I had was to place craftable patterns for conversion rings of all types. That’s the only stat they have, conversion. They roll like the current vanilla craftable rings otherwise. It’s a lot of patterns but they enable builds until you drop that nice MI or whatever.

Overall craftable items (outside of the well used ones) are really under used now days.

At least from what I’ve seen, craftable boots have gone out of favor, no one uses the craftable rings (we use them a lot though), etc etc. when was the last time you saw a build with crafted gloves?

It’s sad. I wish crafting was more involved in some fashion.

My opinion only.

I haven’t played in a long while, 203 runs for a specific magi ring without seeing one was enough to crush my spirit for a while.

1 Like

I will +1 this if we can make Boobie Rings Craftable.

*cough*

I’m taking notes on sensible comments here/those with supporting arguments for my Augury mod, of which I’ve been curious what specific sorts of Uniques people would like to be able to farm directly for.

I’ll add Magelord’s and Bysmiel’s Trinkets cards for the next release, thanks!

I have advocated for quite some time for Alkamos rings to be blueprints (even if they reduce the drop rate further it would be better overall). However unique legendary drops from Roguelike dungeons are a special category of item whose rarity is something Crate gets very particular over. This is why I didn’t mention them here.

I think this is best discussed in a separate thread with a poll.

Perhaps other conversion rings may suffer from a similar shortage due to demand from many build possibilities. Glyph of the Storm Witch? Band of the Eternal Pyre? Though I couldn’t say for sure as I’ve not made builds that could use them.

Sentinel helm is blueprint only so I am not against the idea to have all epic/legendary MI’s as blueprints

And rename them from Monster Infrequents to Blacksmith Frequents. Unless blueprint can only be dropped by a specific monster.

Farming Normal difficulty Sr is a decent way to target farm blues

Oh yeah, that would be a good strategy to target farm them. I doubt I would find that thrilling though :stuck_out_tongue:.

I see where you are coming from but my logic is the following:

You have these items that drop for, what 3-5% of players who are farming ultimate. Out of those, how many GDstash their items?

Secondly, single player game.

Third. These rings don’t break the bank in terms of power.

To be clear I am not asking for the drop rates to change. I am not asking for easy mode. I am asking for “alternatives via crafting” until the item drops.

Example:

Crafted pattern-ring:

Has the following stat on it only before crafting:

20%/30% Vitality damage converted to Acid damage

Crafted example:

Thunderstruck Vit to Acid band of Readiness

30% lightning damage
30% electrocute damage
110 oa
65 da
30% aether res
25% elemental res
30% stun res
24% vit damage converted to acid

Boom done. I have this now until I load Shuroth’s ring.

This is what I am getting at. I think these types of crafting will help fill the gaps and make off the wall builds that use conduits way more playable.

Edit: this wouldn’t require much in terms of rewriting the engine. All of this is already in game and would be relatively easy to implement instead of placing patterns for purple MIs that go contrary to Crate’s philosophy.

1 Like

It sounds nice but I don’t know about that. I’m sure there would be many requests players have for better gear whilst farming for their final endgame gear. Between epics and faction gear I doubt this would be implemented.

Oh, I’m sorry can’t agree with you.

Re: all the gear you listed (epics/faction gear) have very little to do with end game building around damage conversion which is what I am referring to. With the exceptions of the resistances and the oa, my example ring doesn’t hold a candle to Shuroth’s. In a different thread I stated I would wear my example ring with the conversion as the ONLY stat and it would still out perform other choices.

I am not asking for “better” gear, I am asking for more alternatives while farming for the better gear.

The conversion stat, for end game only, on crafted rings really would improve build possibilities. Please note I am not asking for gear so that I can do SR 75 or sub 5 CR with all kinds of meme builds.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.