Getting Ready To Start

I just installed Grim Dawn on my new computer and can someone tell
me what Ashes Of Malmouth and Crucible DLC are?
I also see start campaign.

Ashes of Malmouth is the first expansion for the game, it was released on 11th October 2017. It adds two new masteries, two more Acts to explore, new factions, items, etc.

The Crucible is a battle arena add on for the game where you fight waves and waves of foes to test your builds. It’s separate from the main campaign, but you can switch between the campaign and Crucible with your characters if you want to. To play it click on Main Campaign and you should see a window come up with Custom Game; choose that and then choose Survival Mode to play Crucible.

There is also a second expansion for the game entitled Forgotten Gods which adds another mastery, new Act, Witch Gods factions, items, etc, to the game. It was released on 27th March 2019.

Thanks for the reply
Should I just start campaign or should I start with Ashes Of Malmouth?

You can’t start with Ashes, though you should have the Ashes screen (lady holding a skull). Only when you finish the base game will you be able to acces the Ashes maps, though the masteries, items, etc, are available from the start.

Thanks so much for your help.
I don’t know how I got Ashes Of Malmouth Expansion.
It is suppose to be $17.99 to get the add-on, but it was already there
after installing the game

Did you buy into the Kickstarter back in 2012? One of the goals for that was the expansion and many of the tiers included that as part of your pledge.

Does the menu look like this? Then you only have the base game, and the AoM and Crucible buttons inform you that you can acquire these DLCs.

Keep in mind:

No I didn’t
I just purchased the normal game

It does look like this minus the man standing there with the sword
because I didn’t create a character yet
If I add the Forgotten Gods expansion do I need to wait until I do I finish the base game like
Ashes of Malmouth?

Forgotten Gods can be started sooner - when you finish “act 1” of base game. But still it’s normally played in order base->Ashes->Forgotten.

And you must have Ashes of Malmouth to be able to play Forgotten Gods, it’s required.

You can upgrade existing characters anytime, so you can start to play before you spend more. As you might know each character unlocks two masteries. The second slot becomes available at level 10 (quite early). If you want to play with one of the three masteries from the expansions, then just play with one mastery until you get the expansions.

Thanks everyone for all your help!
I just need to figure out if I want to try and install some MODS.
I know I want at least the Full Rainbow Mod