Ghol Witching Hour Cabalist

Hey Sig,

I recently rebuilt my cabalist from a birb build, which had solid damage and good survivability, to a vit/chaos Lost Souls skelebuild. I’m still working out kinks, but in testing so far, it seems capable of similar damage with vastly less survivability (though the testing was a couple components short and the latest iteration has some devo changes since I tested). Want to find the right mix of pushing offense but keeping pets (and me) alive long enough to let that offense happen. Wondered if you’d take a look and see what you’d recommend:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2Bzbwj2

Check out this thread.

tl;dr: Lost Souls Skeletons need Dying God for damage and Ishtak for survivability. Use both and you should be fine. Using Voidwhisper Bands underperforms offensively compared to using 23/16 Reap Spirit with Spiritbinder Glyphs.

Thanks, I hadn’t seen that thread!

It looks like you never use auto attack rifle am I right ? Where does the ice and fire meteors come from ?

Thanks for the build I’m curently leveling a Cabalist as my first pet class this build looks very powerfull !

I never attack with the weapon, no.

The fire meteors are the main attack of the Skeletons mages (one of the 4 types of skeletons that can be summoned, which ones you get is random). The ice meteors are from the Blizzard celestial power which I bind to Raise Skeleton in this build.

Thank you very much ! :wink:

Noob question again, at which blacksmith do you recommend to craft head and chest ? This does not appears in grimtools or I don’t know how.

Thanks for this. I just resently got the drop of Witching Hour, and was wondering how to build. BTW what set would you suggest besides Ghol, if you could?

I usually craft at Angrim for the Pierce Resistance, but this build doesn’t really need that. I’d recommend Kaylon for the stun/freeze resistance instead.

It can go okay with Bysmiel’s Trinkets or Beastcaller’s (on a Conjurer) but Ghol’s is definitely the best option for Witching Hour.

I was wondering if you could help me with the devotions for the crucible setup. I wrote down the names, what is needed for them, and what they give when completed. I can’t figure out the order I should take them in.

• Crossroads Chaos
  • Wretch
  • Eel
  • Crossroads Eldritch
  • Scholar’s Light
  • Behemoth
  • Murmur
  • Buyback: Scholar’s Light
  • Solael’s Witchblade
  • Buyback: Crossroads Eldritch
  • Lizard
  • Solemn Watcher
  • Lion
  • Ulo
  • Buyback: Lion
  • Dying God
  • Aeon’s Hourglass
  • Amatok
1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile:

So, I’ve tried this build in HC, and while it was going great throughout the campaign, the first encounter with Larria and she killed all my pets in one second and nearly RIPed my toon. How is that even possible with all the resists and HP the pets have? Or am I that terrible at piloting it?

cabalist1
cabalist2

Larria has elemental RR, that is likely your problem. Using Beastcaller’s Cowl for that fight would make it a lot easier.

Thank you for the tip! It worked with the Beastcaller’s Cowl. Still, she managed to kill 4 skellies and chop more than half HP from the rest of the pets. Guess, there’s no way to avoid re-summoning with this build? Wish I had the bysmiel’s trinkets set, would respec into birbs and drop skellies…

Outside of using Lost Souls set, it’s not realistically possible to keep skeletons alive end-game.

This build is designed primarily around flash-farming Crucible, where you and your pets get extra toughness from the crucible buffs. It can of course manage to do campaign just fine, but you will need to resummon pets from time to time. If want a more general purpose Ghol Cabalist I’d recommond this thread, although if you’re playing HC you might want to use an Ishtak based devotion setup instead.

So Skeletons got some buffs:

Phys. res on the first node and amor on the last.
So is there a option to get some points to invest in the last skele node to boost their armor?
Maybe 5 points from Blood of Dreeg and one from Manipulation

I cannot seem to make the Witching Hour Constellations work. Can someone please help me with the order? Perhaps there’s one that needs to be learned then forgotten? Thanks in advance!

If you see a devotion set up with a lot of high (outer) tiers then it will be inevitable at some point that you’ll have to add/remove earlier constellations.

You can play around with the calc - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/ - to figure out a route. More than one path is possible so it often depends on which order will suit the skills available at the time.

One way -

red
wretch
blue
lizard
eel
solemn watcher
yellow
panther
ulo
remove panther
remove yellow
remove blue
green
raven
solael’s witchblade
murmur
giant’s blood
remove raven
hourglass
dying god
remove green
amatok

This build helped me out a lot.
I had been getting nowhere fast with the level 65 Beast Master set I had been levelling with and I was looking for ways to improve my damage. I noticed that I had Witching Hour in my inventory, but I never really looked at it because I had a low cunning build.

I also had a few pieces of Ghol’s and the blue print, so I thought I would give it a go. It was expensive to craft the set and transmute the helm, but it was a huge step up in damage. Unfortunately, I also almost died the first night I took it out. So, I decided to go back to my safer build, with Lich Guard.

I was thinking about it, and decided that I would stick with my old Devotions, but try out the skill points and armour again. It worked really well. My minions were tough and I took almost no damage. I then decided to man up and equip the Witching Hour. It was amazing.

For HC I recommend my Devotions. The pets are far tankier and grab the aggro really well, making you a lot tankier. Not as much damage on paper, but only a skeleton dying every now and then, I pump out more consistent damage.

This is what I currently have (some of the items are just what I have, not best in slow by any means):

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BWBjbV

Also just cleared SR25 for the first time tonight.

Is this build still valid?. I’m getting crushed even on challenger mode,
all pets getting wiped instantly if the spawns are wrong.
I ran a 150+ challenger and on wave 159, pets just vanished, died…

/Edit. Just tried it again on challenger. Barely made it to 150,
all pets instatly died by some AoE. I think the Devotions are outdated.