Give us more Skill Points

Give us more skill points to toy around with. We don’t need a bunch, but more to allow for more unique/fun builds. :slight_smile:

This won’t be happening, nor will we get more devotion points. The devs want a character to be finished. We already get several from doing quests in Ultimate so if you want more then that’s where you’ll have to go to get them.

https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Quests

1 Like

He should just use one of the tools and give himself the points if he wants to “have more fun and unique builds”. The devs balance and limit the points for a reason and they tend to stick with it, for everything else beyond that you’re free to give yourself more if that’s what you want to do.

1 Like

this seems kinda confusing to me… if the game gives soooo many skill points to player, wouldn’t that be reducing builds variety though? since many builds will have similar skill points setup with some difference to gears/devotion?

2 Likes

Yes, the thing is some people don’t care because they feel a Skilltree should be a more Linear Progression-Experience where you have at the end (almost) all skills. I mean there are Games, where such an Progression does make sense, like Dying Light so no “proper” RPG / ARPG and i can appreciate that, but there are also Games where this kills part of the concept where Skilltree’s and Progression are meant for choices and build variety… and i had some Games (like Borderlands) where this insanely levelcap increase hurt the game overall more than helped… There is also some people who is all about mere numbers and need “endless” Progression like no levelcap… and it doesn’t matter if it would also destroy part of the game or balance or when dev disable skillpoints at a certain level, that leveling doesn’t make much sense anymore anyway.

1 Like