Gladiator Crucible

Hey guys, I’m new to the endgame, loving my one and only build. I have been hitting crucible hard and only recently have been using tributes. I always try to hammer through a game without getting forum help, but I will admit that I appear to be stuck now (in Gladiator). I pretty much always attack crucible without any tributes or upgrades when I can (I can’t at the end of runs), I guess that comes from other games. However, I have seen that some upgrades are absolutely necessary in this game for Gladiator crucible. When I read that people are beating Gladiator on 170 am I to assume they are buffed all the way out? Is that the key? I mean, my build is decent I think, but without those buffs I am dead DEAD. Do you guys use a common bufff setup for Gladiator crucible runs? Is this the usual?

Buff setup varies depending on particular build. Usually, builds either use 3 buffs, or 2 buffs + 1 banner.

Most builds want 3 buffs:
Empyrion (more HP, i think everyone wants it),
Ulo (extra resists - everyone, who isnt already +40 overcapped on all resists and capped on CC resists, wants to use this),
Amatok (Damage buff, every non-retal build wants this).
A decent build runs crucible fast enough to use those buffs through 40 waves (for example, 150-170 twice, or 130-150 twice). You gain enough tributes from those runs to pay for buffs. Sure, if you die, things are different - so you should to survive

Do note, that difficulty ramps up rapidly in 150-160 (compared to 130-150), and even more - in 160-170. Rewards arent worth that difficulty increase (actually, they’re almost the same as for 130-150). So go try 150-170 only when you’re sure your character is strong and has all good endgame items & leveled devotions.
Dont be afraid of using consumables, especially faction ones.

And you could post a GT link to your build, you know…

1 Like

If you start with 100 tributes then 4 buffs no banner or 3 buffs 1 banner is okay for 150-170 runs. If you could complete 150-170 using that setup in under 11 mins (4 buffs/no banner) or 8 mins (3buffs/1 banner) consistently then that kinda setup allows you to run cruci indefinitely until you’re tired or you die.

For 100-150 last I remember was 2 buff + 1 banner. I agree with MortalKombat on not moving up too much unless you’re fully decked out. 100-150 has just around the same amount of legendaries as 150-170, the main difference is that there are more greens in 170 runs but that isn’t too important for most people/builds.

I prefer personally 130-150 for legendary.One can achieve 3 runs in 150-170 with 3 buffs and banner and sustain the points,but if you die you will lose tributes and you are screwed.

Very few builds/players can reliably clear bufless 170.

For 150 though 2 or 3 buffs and no banner is normal task.Choose health+damage and maybe Ulo for resistances.

Sorry, was out of town for a bit…

GrimTools:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JajqDN