Glass cannon seeking tips

So I’m playing with a dual pistol saboteur, currently at lv 53. Veteran difficulty was a walk in the park, but recently I’ve found myself dying a lot on Elite.

Most of the times I get killed by enemies that resist stun, knockdown and confuse (my 3 defensive strategies) or by enemies that stun me and prevent me from kiting. How do you people deal with that when playing similar builds? What strategies do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hard to say what your problem might be without seeing the build, but to start with, keeping your resists capped and having a decent amount of lifesteal goes a long way. High resists are the easiest way to reduce the amount of incoming damage straight up without having to rely on tricks like cc or kiting, and having enough lifesteal (“attack damage converted to health”) will ensure that whatever damage you do take doesn’t stick. As long as your damage output is at least somewhat reasonable, you should cruise through Elite. Most of base game content on Elite is in fact easier than the expansions on Veteran, the main difference is that you took a hit on your resists by going up a difficulty. As long as you sort that out you’re golden.

1 Like

Stun resist helps. It reduces the amount of time you’re stunned when you get stunned.

Get your resists up, and get your armor absorption up. Armor absorption can go to 98% with 2 scaled hide components.

Blast Shield and Vindictive Flame are both strong defensive skills on the Demolitionist side, and Shadow Dance and Phantasmal Armor on the Nightblade side.

For gunslingers generally, the Hydra constellation is quite strong, and it gives a decent amount of leech, alongside many other good things.

Thanks for the advice! besides what you two pointed out, I also noticed that I was missing more than a few shrines from normal mode, so my build was also subpar.