Global damage conversions listed as skill damage conversions

You got it! :+1: Happy to help :wink:

believe, I know about conversions more than anyone else

Then where’ve you been all this discussion?

there is nothing hard understand things in this discussion.

Now, which TakeAway might turn out better now for poor Sir_Mac?

Actually, it does, with Spectral Wrath. Spectral Binding is an exception to the rule here.

Aaah, mixed it up with Harbinger of Souls - Thanks!
Edited it, to avoid confusion.

it’s not, because wrath is a secondary effect, thus is not even (direct) converted either, but it means in this case spectral binding itself is just considered a regular self buff/toggle, where as Veil or Vindictive Flame are different skills (debuff aura and attack buff)

you were correct the first time, spectral brinding is just like flametouched/harbinger of souls etc, regular self buff with global dmg, wrath is a secondary effect

Probably so. Since secondary skill effects arent affected by local convertion.
Vindictive Flame is a self-buff too (increasing your total speed, etc.), but in that case, being able to deal damage probably takes “priority” and convertion applies only to damage part of the skill.

otherway around
Vindictive flame is an attack buff/aura first, self stats/self buff part is just an addition
it’s why i’ve kept saying it that way so it’s easy to distinguish, if it’s an offensive aura/buff (doesn’t have to deal dmg), vs regular buff/passive toggle/non dmg aura/aura that’s not offensive
Veil is a debuff aura, ie it’s offensive
Spectral binding is passive stats, ie regular buff/passive toggle
Counter Strike is an attack buff like Vindictive flame
Mirror of ereoctes is a self buff/non dmg aura (since retal is just a passive stat the buff itself is not actually dealing dmg)
same with blood of dreeg, it doesn’t actually deal dmg on its own, so it’s a regular buff/non offensive aura

when looked at “closer” it becomes rather easy to tell the difference between the buff types, whether or not they/buff itself direct interacts with enemies, or if it’s just a list of passive stats where some happen to be “offensive” like passive retal
offensive: Aura of Censure, Vindictive Flame/Counter Strike, Veil of Shadow (even without Night’s Chill one can see it interacts “Offensively” with enemies)
vs “passive”: Flame Touched, Solael’s Witchfire, Blood of Dreeg, Spectral Binding etc etc

@klasperstanze @Gnomish_Inquisition @FlamingX21 @BOG

Thank you guys for your information!

My brain doesn’t absorb one thing… If there are two types of conversion (local and global), connected to buffs / auras / debuffs …

WHY THE HELL THEY ARE WORDED THE SAME?

I work as a librarian and ny the world of librarianship, catalogization etc., I have to STRICLY AVOID double meanings or double interpretations, and that’s what happens here. Two things, looking the same, working differently.

2 Likes

And there is “Flame Touched”, which … deals damage and still, the conversion is GLOBAL … :frowning:

Flame Toched does not deal damage on its own. Thus: Global.

Admittedly, figuring exactly that out (Does FT deal damage or not) is another story :slight_smile:
Took me a while for example, to realize that the fire retal on Vindictive Flame is not being added to your total retal dmg pool.

Developers were under the assumption that Skill Descriptions would become too bloated if they were as descriptive as actually needed.
Imagine the description for upheaval, when using cadence, describing that it will be overwritten if other WPSs proc.

1 Like

Maybe that’s what’s needed in version 1.1.9.8 :smiley:

EDIT: I think upheaval is one hell of a concept, triggering only on critical as I remember, and could become very bloated… sure… at cost of less confusing maybe, a few more words here and there.

2 Likes

Flame Touched aura / buff does deal DMG on its own… 5 Fire dmg at lvl 1, 33 Fire dmg at level 12 and 76 Fire dmg at level 22.

no, the dmg on flame touched is global flat, ie dmg that gets added to weapon attacks and spells with %weapon dmg

That dmg is being added to your attacks.
If you activate this aura and standing idle next to an enemy, nothing will happen.

“… a flame that AUGMENTS attacks”.
Need to read carefully - most of the time its hinted.

my guess is because in the game files conversion is conversion, regardless where it is or how it is, it’s just conversion as far as the game cares
unsure if this is deliberate, automatic, or an “oversight” from not thinking it would confuse players so they didn’t wanna spend the time making double tables, or maybe it’s simply not possible to change/make individual due to engine

1 Like

This game drives me crazy…

Oh my, another thing, worded the same, meaning different things…
X damage - sometimes belonging to the attacking skill or aura, sometimes added to my attack…

I assume all the tricks are written down somewhere, but the load of text is immense…

Now I know why my builds “suck”. Because I don’t know all the hidden rules… remembering, when it is meant in a “A” way, when meant in a “B” way… Titan Quest wasn’t that intelectually difficult.

TQ was so great, never thought that could be topped.
And here we go with additional devotions, conversions, resistance reduction systems, absorption orders etc.
Hard to imagine that new players would not be totally overwhelmed if all that was written out in uber detailed pop ups and descriptions.

If your builds suck, you can just post them here.

1 Like