Gloves need to be rebalanced

Some gloves lost their physical resistance during updates, but they did not receive sufficient compensation. At present, the balance of gloves is not good.

Many gloves receive very little or unreasonable compensation after losing their physical resistance, and their usefulness is greatly reduced or completely replaced by other gloves. For example, “Mysthical Obsidian Grasp: replaced% Physical Resistance with 20% Chaos Resistance and reduced Fire damage to 8-11”, “Mysthical Colossal Grasp: increased Health Regeneration to 30 and removed% Physical Resistance”, “Mysthical Bladerunner’s Handguards: replaced% Physical Resistance with 220 Health”, and so on. They deserve more compensation.

Mystical Obsidian Grasp: For fire systems, Chaos Resist usually overflows a lot, which is basically an invalid attribute. This compensation is unreasonable. And its once greatest advantage, Physical Resistance, has also been lost, making it almost useless. It should receive higher damage or Attack speed , as well as more health or effective resistance as compensation.

Mysthical Colossal Grasp: It received too little compensation, and now it is completely inferior to The Crimson Claims for the vast majority of BDs, even for BDs carrying shields (except for Markovian’s Bastion). I think it’s reasonable to give it a higher attack speed, or more distinctive compensation, such as enhanced shield blocking.

Mythical Bladedancer’s Handguards: Poor compensation, once its advantage was physical resistance. Now it has no qualification to compete with Mythical Shadows’ Grasp or Mythical Grasp of Unchained Might. It should receive more distinctive compensation, such as “attack damage converted to health”.

There are also many similar examples. I can’t list them one by one due to space limitations.I know rebalancing them is a daunting task, but I hope it can be achieved. Wishing everyone all the best.

3 Likes

imo it’s good some gloves lost physical res, because unless gloves had significant build skill modifiers, it seems meta had turned into always taking gloves with phys res, Obsidian Grasp had almost become this sad default choice for fire or even phys builds…
It severely reduced gloves choices down to “1”, and imo that wasn’t really a good thing, and wouldn’t want them restored to their former singular meta choice option
just my thoughts ofc

1 Like

I also think it is reasonable to remove all the physical resistance of gloves, because gloves with physical resistance often have an advantage and limit our choices.

What I want to express is that these gloves that have lost their physical resistance have received too little or unreasonable compensation. For example, Mystic Obsidian Grass, giving a fire glove Chaos Resist as compensation is obviously unreasonable, which is no different from not compensating.

ye but that’s my point; if the compensation is too good the gloves just end up in same scenario as before

2 Likes

wanted to say a couple of words specifically about M. Obsidian Grasp and Colossal Grasp:

Obsidian Grasp: chaos res is already aplenty on fire/most phys builds, since it’s one of the most common res on fire gear. would be cool to see it replaced with sth actually useful, maybe petrify res? another cc?

M. Colossal Grasp - the compensation is as good as literally nothing. for most phys builds that used those gloves, the ~15 health regen boost is nothing. it’s nothing even to any other build. maybe give them %block chance? or recovery? it would also be very cool to finally see CS added to the gloves’ passive, since phys builds are in dire need of those.

7 Likes

Or %Fire Res? :rofl:

These poor gloves suffer constantly, one nerf after another since 1.1.9.6 :unamused:.

By the way, has anyone noticed this?

• Krieg’s Boots: replaced % Physical Resist with 32 Defensive Ability
  • Krieg’s Grip: removed % Physical Resist

Let’s make Krieg set even more undesirable, right? :grin:

4 Likes

imagine if phys res was replaced by some cc or just another res, surely it is possible, right?

4 Likes

I don’t care about epic gloves - they didn’t deserve to be as strong in the first place, but I think Colossal Grasp could’ve gotten some nice compensation like casting speed or more speed in general or even Healing Effects

4 Likes

Pierce AA builds say hi…

3 Likes

no one cares about them either

2 Likes

Lol

Tenchars

I would propose +5% block chance instead of 5% Phys Res on Mythical Colossal Grasp - should make sense since nobody will use these gloves without shield anyway and it should not make any build overpowered because added block chance.

3 Likes

Maybe, in enough time, we can have Vitality gloves that have Attack Speed on them. No, Vilescorn Bracers that give points to Retribution and Blade Barrier and have 50% Vitality damage doesn’t count. It’s probably one of many reasons why Vitality melee has omega-tier damage in Grimtools but is a disaster zone to actually play.

6 Likes

What, next thing you gonna propose is that Pierce damage should have at least one pair of legendary gloves?? (no, Viperfang are not real Pierce gloves)

4 Likes