GOG game key and DLC code saga - the latest

no, you can also play MP with Galaxy… or so I heard

Huh. Seems you do not understand the stuff here. It is very common especially for small indie games that use STEAM DRM and other STEAM SERVICES to handle multiplayer that play between a steam and non steam version does not work. If you don’t understand why you might want to spend time LEARNING and EDUCATING yourself on how steam drm, anti hack ect are implemented into a game.

Your gripe seems to be nothing more than you can’t wait for them to iron out the bugs so you are just whining on the forums here.

Where to start with this.

1. I have seen constant, upfront and honest communication from crate since day 1.

2. Nothing at all makes any claim that the drm free version would be released fully functional at the same time as the steam version.

3. If you want a refund, go get a refund. If you don’t want a refund stop whining with obvious bs arguments that will not get anything done.

edit- 4. After checking the gog forums that have barely 100 posts you have maybe 5 people saying lan doesn’t work and another whole 5 saying it does which is not exactly a sign of a wide spread problem of complete failure.

since the mods do not bother to remove this message i’ll reply to it. i consider this a free for all now.

1. they said drm free wasn’t an after thought which wasn’t true. they just claimed that because it gave them some traction for their kickstarter campaign. people are actually expecting drm free versions of games on kickstarter even if they don’t use them in the end. this is as dishonest as it gets in my book.

2. it was stated multiple times even in the faq during ea. stop lying.
    if you try to make a claim that it wasn’t explicitly said that they would release a FUNCTIONING drm free version i call bullshit. this is implicit. if you start with that kind of nit-picky legalese mumbo-jumbo you are just want to troll. no one in his right mind would assume anything else. if you can’t apply logic and basic common sense to something someone is saying or writing you might as well give up on communication entirely. you can’t ever address every aspect of a meaning in every sentence 24/7.

3. people can say what they want. if you have nothing to add to the conversation just don’t say anything at all? it is people like you that make noise and stir up drama for the sake of it. medierra sated that they don’t want you to talk for them. they are capable enough to defend themselves.

4. so because only a few people actually play in lan with multiple people and probably only a fraction of those even BOTHER to go online complaining about it makes you say it’s only a small minority? you people keep making the same argumentative mistakes over and over.
    even if it were the case that only a few people are having the same problem… its enough reason for crate to address the issue. what gives? why do you even care? it doesn’t really affect you negatively unless you hate bug free games…

so how about you stop referring to people with legitimate concerns as whiners. it’s derogatory, hostile and it adds nothing of value to the conversation.

1 and 2 you obviously failed to read what I said.

1. I am not here to defend them, I am just calling out absolute idiots. Sorry but when someone says something that is obviously not correct I am going to point it out. Also I wasn’t even here to respond to people and instead just checking to see if anyone else here brought up an issue of my own.

2. Of the posts I saw on gog, 1 was a port issue with the guys router. 1. Was a genuine discussion about it working and issues around it. And the other was a guy who I am guessing is probably the shadow guy here where he just says it doesn’t work and the devs suck and the moment people try to help find a fix he starts insulting them. Really though the issues people are having are issues people have with any new game.

People with legitimate concerns… Someone who is just here to throw insults at the devs and insults at anyone that points out issues with what he says and who has no interest in actually fixing the issue is not here with legitimate concerns, they are just whining and complaining.

Edit- Taking a quick look at shadows other posts they are best summed up with, I know more than the devs and the devs didn’t do it my way so they are lying losers. It also looks like he has not paid a lick of attention to anything happening since he kickstarted it. Most of his arguments are based on at best half truths if not outright false information.

All in all I have nothing against people with valid problems and concerns but the way shadow keeps talking and anyone who says similar things is not bringing actual valid concerns to the table. They are just whining that they did not get what they wanted, they way they wanted it, exactly when they wanted it and any valid reason that caused that is just seen as bs to them.

Multiplayer works just fine on the GOG version. What we are looking into is allowing GOG and Steam users to play together, cross-platform multiplayer, as currently they use their own proprietary matchmaking services.

Apart from the unfortunate delays, there is nothing that was not fulfilled from the Kickstarter.

If you are interested in a refund, the instructions and parameters were provided.

Any word on the High-Res World Map? I’m really looking forward to getting this printed for my wall.

this is not something that will be available anytime soon. gog has said that they are working together with valve on this. the galaxy client is in beta for ages so at this point i can’t even tell if it is going to be released at all. i don’t think crate can do anything in this regard. another reason to make the api available so we can start making a dedicated server. this could easily been done via a community effort and would also promote sales. it really is a win win if you think about it. let the community help.

Since there is no other open GOG release thread, i will ask here:

I think many (including me) will be interested in how the GOG release went? Not specific numbers, but was it more/less successful than you anticipated, did you expect such high ratings? It could be nice if you could add a few words about it at the next Misadventures. Thanks!

It took some time and plenty of e-mail exchanges with Humble :slight_smile: but last week I was finally able to get my two Grim Dawn Gog keys and was able to redeem them including the DLCs.

Personally, as a backer, I am happy; I got a DRM-free version of the game with the same features as the Steam version (which a lot more that can be said with a lot of other games), and I hope that Grate will continue to support and upgrade it.

But anyway thanks to Grate for keeping their promise and release the DRM-free version, it’s greatly appreciated!

Hello,
I activated my loyalist DLC on steam but I can’t see the Wisp or items on my characters.
Is it normal ?

As the loyalist includes the futur addon, Will I receive another steam key when the addon is released ?

Thank you on advance,
Regards

Yes, you need to talk to the guy next to the DC gates to get your items (not the one that lets you in but the one next to him)

As for the expansion, I would expect so

in this case I understand shadow9d9 even less… you want it on GOG but with features that GOG does not have…

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4042

Still don’t have the “Legendary” edition in game accessory.

Did the Medals not happen?

The Kickstarter page says I should get a ““Veteran’s Medal” in-game accessory, available only on Kickstarter.”

I got my code from humble for the coat and the brew which I wasn’t expecting to get. No sign of the medal which seems would be more useful and was expecting to get.

If you are missing medals and/or have items you were not expecting, you may need to contact Humble as there may have been a mix-up as to the DLC code you received.

Ok, to sort this medal topic out, in game there seem to be 4 medals

• Backers Distinction
  • Kickstarter Service Medal
  • Kickstarter Veteran’s Medal
  • Kickstarter Officer’s Medal

I assume their tiers are in this order, but not sure.

Should I only have one of these, depending on my backer level, or should I have whatever level I backed at and the lower ones ?

They also do not really seem to do anything, stat wise, but I guess that is intentional.

They are for the different backer tiers and you should only get access to one.

The Backer’s Distinction is a special case that distinguishes the earliest supporters pre-KS. The rest are different Kickstarter tiers.

Yes, they are purely visual. No gameplay advantage.

Then I am missing the Backer’s Distinction :wink:

Thanks for the link on how to get rewards from Kory. I talked to him but I don’t get any options to activate anything. As I stated in my earlier post. I had my keys resent and tried to enter them in Steam and received the notice that they’ve already been activated. So, what do I do now?