GOG game key and DLC code saga - the latest

Here is the latest info if you’re a KS or website backer looking to get a GOG key or wondering about the in-game rewards.

Am i considered a backer if i bought the game after GD was released?
(from this website)

I bought only because i saw:
play on steam
DRM-FREE copy included (comming soon)

Telling the wrong person. Need to tell the poster before. That is why I gave the link to the other thread, which explains how to do so.

Just like with DRM-free files on HumbleBundle, you can login to your account on the gog.com website, and download updates from there.

On a sidenote: it’s strange that there are so many people who want DRM-free games, yet they don’t know GoG, the largest provider of DRM-free games…

Yes, if you bought on the website at any time, you can get a GOG key.

So far Steam community can’t play with GoG community?, I was told by support that they were able to play together, this changes my plan

So now I don’t know where to redeem my loyalist items, on GoG or Steam, can I redeem on both?. I purchased the game on Steam and also the loyalist and Ill use the loyalist for a GoG account. I prefer no drm but also like a bigger online community

@Wednesday

The save game folder is in the My Games folder in My Documents

Not really. You use STEAM’s matchmaking service, but your copy of the game remains independent. STEAM’d act pretty much as a browser or a bit like GameRanger. It doesn’t actually affect your game or the prequisites for running it at all. Also, you’d only do so when wanting to play with friends that have the game on STEAM.

Been since saturday,… still no response from Humble.

GoG hosts the patches.

Let’s say GD V.1.0.0.3 is released; in you GoG account at your Grim Dawn product, a new direct download will appear > GoG_GD_1.0.0.3.exe.

You download this miniature-installer to your PC in a folder. When you want to patch your game you run it; you don’t need Internet anymore. It can’t be more DRM-free than that lol.

Also for new buyers or if you re-install in the future, if there are many updates; GoG can make a big patch that will say from v.1.0.0.2 (base game) to v.1.0.1.9 or around then same thing you download a separate installer (the patch) to your machine and then you install it after installing the base game whenever you want if you want etc. You own your GD totally ;)!

Could someone answer my question? How do I get the Kickstarter backer extras in game? (the wig and the other digital extras)

The codes for those haven’t been distributed yet. I have a call with Humble this afternoon to find out where they are with that and hopefully resolve whatever issues remain. Another update will be posted when the reward codes go out.

In 2013 I have preordered a second Grim Dawn Loyalist Edition as a gift and the key was assigned at my request to a different email address.

You can purchase a second key using the same email address and then email us with the email address of the person you are purchasing it for and we will transfer it to them.

Is the second email address also listed as a backer?

Thank you!

Also for the Crate Story pdf book, has there been time to start some chapters of the tale? If not no problem but when can we think it arrives: in a couple of months or more? I’m actually quite curious about it lol.

I wonder what the last chapter will be:

Will it be and we released GD and everyone lived happily ever after?

or will there be a dark chapter: we released but then the earth crust started to fracture beneath our feet, we took a step away and some magma erupted; while running we could see a tsunami of flames seeking to engulf us so we looked up to the sky for hope & tranquility but there were aliens - they were angry… they wanted to dissect - they had their reasons and no negotiating stance was to be perceived in their glare. Worldwide temperatures averages went up by 3 degrees Celsius in four days due to the rage heat wave.

Rumors were circulating about the imminent preventive dissuasive atomic strikes launching from some rogues silos. As we were beginning to see the light through our applied diligence in those somber moments science made the crushing broadcast: the asteroid Gigas-Kolosuse-164/96 appeared from the dark side of the moon and was heading towards Earth at a velocity of Furious Km/s and the impact location was to be 0.4 miles North of the Crate office… but in the end… a bruised but tenacious bear & corporate family raised the tri-beers and marched towards the Endzeit with conviction and… Who knows lol it’s not over yet!

Ok. So i got a message back from Humble support regarding the switch from Steam to gog, and not very happy about it. They deactivated the steam key as requested and give me a link to a page wich supposedly has the gog key, but said key is nowhere to be found. It shows the same redeem on steam icon, wich i dont want, and the old placeholder grim Dawn acess key.

I requested my GOG key since I would rather play without steam.

If an update for the game comes out and I would like to install it, how would I go about doing so?

If you bought the second key from the main website of this forum, then yes its considered a backer and you get your key through Humblebundle and have to request a GoG key or just have it redeemed as a Steam key. Either log into humblebundle.com or email them with the email address you bought the key with or gifted the key to.

You would go back to GOG to download either a patch or a new version of the game to install.

Okay, so I spent almost two hours on Skype with someone from Humble trying to sort through the remaining DLC distribution issues. I’m hoping they’ll get back to me in the next day or two and say it’s all straightened out. I was able to uncover a powerful ancient relic from deep within our company archives, which scholars had previously believed was lost - a CSV file containing the original backer data we transferred to Humble during the end of the last age. That will hopefully be the key for them to get the data in their system all sorted out properly. The main issue has been that when it was originally added to their system, it was not kept separated out into tiers the way it should have been. Different tiers are combined together that should be getting different DLC codes and it’s been hard to find a way to sort them all out again properly.

I also asked about the GOG key swaps. They said there are currently about 300 requests for GOG keys and they’re going to make an extra effort to process those faster. I was told they can probably do most or all of the existing ones by tomorrow.

The best way to ensure quicker service is to include Grim Dawn GOG key swap in your subject and also your original backer email.

They will continue to prioritize these requests until April 1st. I expect the volume of requests will drop off by then.

I finally gave up. Joined GOG and bought the game again for 22 bucks and change.
Downloaded started to play and low and behold all my characters are there.
Seems normal, but will look a round before I play.
Still want my goodies if they ever become available.
Edit: Now have two Grim Dawns on my computer.
Both using data in My Games. So character are the same in both
The GOG game is in the GOG Games folder on C:
When dust settles will delete all the Steam stuff.

Hi Medierra,
I emailed humble with my product code and asked if I could get a GOG key, but my ticket is still open and hasn’t been addressed :frowning:

It says grim dawn pioneer edition.
I sent the install key to you in a PM

Sorry to bother you :frowning:
And thank you!

Humble gave me the GOG key and that’s all good now (redeemed). I still see “Grim Dawn” listed on Steam though so not sure if de-activation takes a few days.