GOG game key and DLC code saga - the latest

Ughhh,… finally got a reply from Humble since saturday. Turns out they only swapped ONE of my two GD keys, even though I specifically mentioned having the co-op bundle, and wanting both keys swapped. As I’m on CET, I’ll now have to wait at least a whole day again to be able to play with my brother. This was uneccessary. Not amused.

Maybe they should not work this much faster, and instead get it right the first/second time.

Do keep in mind that Humble support doesn’t work on weekends, so this is actually “since Monday”…

Heard back from Steam (after having asked which key is used by which account so I can switch some over to GOG)

Unfortunately, registered third party CD keys cannot be removed from a Steam account.

Which does not really answer my question and does add another layer of confusion, as clearly some others are switching over… at least they mentioned which key is not used at all, so one has been identified :wink:

Still no word from Humble. I waited five days for them to process half my request. I’m betting I’ve been placed at the back of the queue again, because a ‘solution’ has supposedly been provided and the timestamp of the ticket has been updated.

Seriously not liking the prospect of having to wait five days for the second time. I’m going to send in a second ticket to try and even my chances. It’ll have a recent timestamp all the same, but at least it can’t have been marked as ‘solved’.

Oh they can and they did by thousand on Arkham Knights keys, Warner offered no ask refunds I was one of them who asked for it and they gave me my money back and my key was removed

What third party cds? Maybe it has something to do with us manually entering the keys for “non steam game activation” or such back then?

Again, you shouldn’t count the weekend… HB support doesn’t work weekends. And believe me, additional replies on an existing ticket are handled considerably faster than a new ticket. New tickets will be added at the back of the queue. So creating a second ticket will neither help you, nor other people.

Humble Support finally got around to revoking my steam key for my GOG key around the evening yesterday (give or take 6pm ET) and redeemed the GOG key at dinner time yesterday.

Now to wait out for the in-game goodies. :cool:

So i´d like some advice regarding my situation (KS backer): i submited a ticket on humble on friday asking for a gog key and to disable the steam key, got a reply yesterday saying it was done. However, the link support gave me, doesnt show what others are seeing: “click here for your gog key”, it shows the click here to redeem on steam (wich indicates that the steam key was revoked even tough the game is still listed in my library, uninstalled) and the placeholder grim Dawn acess key. I replied to that ticket yesterday, but havent heard back yet. Should i wait longer, or submit a new ticket? With easter holidays coming up seems like a bad time to file support tickets.

My advice: don’t create a new ticket, as that will just end up at the end of the line. Just wait. With a little luck, you’ll get a response to your reply tomorrow.

I know, but how does that make it better?

Also, I more annoyed by the fact that once my ticket was handled, actually reading what it was about, taking a look at my account, or at the Backer email I attached (which all clearly mention two copies), was apparently too much.

We’ll see what happens tomorrow. Naturally, once I get a response to one ticket, I’ll #resolve the other one myself.

It took three days, but I’ve got my GoG key. :smiley:

Yup! Me, too. I finally got my GOG key today, so I can finally download the game as-is instead of bumming off my friend’s copy. Awesome :smiley:

Well, you made it sound as if Humble support took 5 days to process your ticket, whereas it’s actually 3. I just think that distinction is relevant (especially given that the normal time for them for a first reply to a support ticket, is at the moment indeed 5 business days).

But yeah, I agree, it’s annoying if the person handling your support ticket doesn’t read it properly, and only does half of what you asked.

Does anyone know whether the GOG copy of GD has the product coded embedded in the installation file(s)?

Because if not, I might just hitch on my brother’s copy for now.

Nope, it took them 5 days, which is 3 working days.

I myself work weekends, and a lot of software companies and distributors have seven-day support, even outside of their own timezone.

No, GoG installation files are completely DRM-free… there’s no product code in the files (nor is there a product code needed for these files). The only place where you need the product code, is to get the game added to your GoG account.

[Edit] GoG Galaxy is a slightly different beast, though… Galaxy will check whether the (GoG) games that are installed on your computer, are actually registered on your GoG account. Not sure how much it actually does with that info, though… Anyway, as long as you don’t use Galaxy, you can safely use your brother’s installation files while waiting for the game to be added to your own account…

And that’s where we disagree on the semantics. It’s 5 days for you, but for them, I don’t think it’s fair to count the days when they don’t work. So for them, I still count it as 3 days. And whether or not you yourself (or people in other companies) work 7 days a week, is irrelevant in this case.

got my key too this morning, two days after my request. everything worked fine.

time to jump back to the game :smiley:

Well, it’s about the service a company provides, or can be expected to provide anno 2016. In that respect I think Humble is falling behind the competition in its branch. It might be ahead in other departments, but not this one.

Well, that I can agree with. And yes, when considering that they apparently have a 5-day backlog of issues, I do find it strange that HB still doesn’t utilize some extra manpower during the weekends…

But I will stop going any further off-topic. Don’t want this thread to be closed as well…

I copied and pasted my key on GoG’s website and I get this error message.

This code doesn’t look like one of ours. Please check that you entered the code correctly.

Some characters, like 0 & O, or 1, I & l, can look similar in print.

Is the GoG key a 32 alpha-numeric code as shown in the attachment? This is my redeemed key that I got from Humble’s early access