GOG Key Status

I recommend that people just have patience for a few more days, and give Crate and Humble support the time to work this all out. They all are hard at work trying to sort this out in a satisfying way to all involved!

Stop continuing being so negative everywhere.

Lucky you, for me it is still nothing - no option to replace the key in my account, no reply from Humble Bundle ninjas and I wrote them on Friday :slight_smile:

Actually he is right, this whole situation is beyond ridiculous now. 26 days(!) since release and now backers have to wait for Humble to manually give out GOG keys :rolleyes: and they don’t seem really to handle it well.

Is it getting solved? Is everyone finally going to be happy? I truly hope so, for obvious reasons for some people

While it is getting solved, the bad taste and disappointment will stay for many. Especially when we have situation that people who backed Grim Dawn and made Funding Goal happen have to wait additional time to get the GOG keys while the game is sold there. Heck, there are people who didn’t buy the game and are playing it now :slight_smile: So sorry I won’t clap hands for either Crate or Humble now, even if it is closer to being sorted out. This shouldn’t happen in the first place or be solved in two weeks tops not almost a month later. I was patient myself, but at this point I’m just can’t hide disappointment with this additional wait from Humble that could be avoided.

Give them a few days… Humble has a huge backlog of support tickets. According to their website, response time for your first response is 5 business days (so weekend doesn’t count). Apparently (according to Medierra’s last Kickstarter update) Humble planned to give the Grim Dawn DRM-free key tickets a slightly higher priority - but it may still take a couple of business days for them to get to your support ticket.
My original support ticket to Humble Support about the GoG key was already more than a week old, I guess that’s why I have my key now…

So yes, it will all be resolved, it just takes (quite a bit) longer than Medierra had originally anticipated.

I got my GOG key yesterday (originally writing Humble as soon as this forum appeared). However, I also never activated my Steam key, just my original ‘access key’ on Humble Bundle, so that probably made the trade go smoother than some. I really hope everyone wanting a DRM free copy gets theirs soon.

I also hope the promised DLC will come in key form for GOG too since that is the way it being distributed DRM free. However, I guess that is a topic for the near future after all the other issues are sorted!

Nice. So the train is arriving at the final station with all wagons attached and without any fatal casualties :p. The metal is bumped / scratched but the train has stayed on rails! Oh look here it is I can see the station ahead!

Now for the DRM-free guys affected, yes we have voiced our concerns & disappointments and rightly so. I myself sure did lol. But now we can “celebrate” - it’s not only about us individually, but some guys that did not KS but went DRM-free late are not getting totally pwned no more. Even if you care only about you, you can’t say that for the wide situation it’s not a good outcome.

So all “critical” problems have been solved and our GD is in the “mail” coming as soon as it arrives. I am pretty much convinced that Crate in the future will not ignore things and let a situation like what happened at GD release happen again. It has all been mostly said. I mean some posts in the original thread went way beyond a “measured” critic and my “subtle” bashing was like a piece of sour cake to digest compared to some really direct and “crude” messages that while pertinent must have been hard to read & digest (the feels it triggers if they have feelings?) for the staff involved.

We can be happy we finally got (or are getting) our GD (coming this week for all) & that in the end none of us guys are left in a puddle of mud inhabited by crabs. Yep it’s not a huge party because we are late March etc. etc. & etc. but it is still a small celebration; a positive closure to these surreal events around the GD release.

All critical issues are solved so we can be the happiest we can be / still have the capacity to be lol in this whole situation. :slight_smile:

Do keep in mind that the DRM-free option for the people who originally purchased through the HumbleBundle website (and as originally intended, would only have a right to a Steam key) may still take a bit longer to set up, as Crate still has to get a batch of extra keys from GoG. I don’t expect that to be sorted out before the end of this week, but the good news is that they are on it, and there is progress even in that case.

But yeah, it should be possible to have everything else (including keys for all the DLC) sorted out before the end of this week…

I gave them my money. Back in 2012 or 2013.
If I wasn’t out of cash atm, I’d buy a new copy from GOG, because I need to gift one anyway. That way I could play the game and give my preorder to my friend who doesn’t have a problem with Steam. Unfortunately, that’s not an option, so I’d rather have my DRM-free copy now.

Well, “now” isn’t really an option either… “soon” though.
You’ve already waited so many years (many of us have), what’s a few more days?

if you can stop kissing ass maybe i will.

Yes, of course. I am kissing someone’s ass for asking someone to stop being negative.

Perfect sense.

Cant think of anything to say without feeding into the arguments… I really wish everyone would just take a CHILL PILL, calm down and take that saddle of your high horse of self entitlement. I know that wont happen. I missed the Kickstarter portion but was one of the EARLY website purchasers of the Legendary Edition (Upgraded to Loyalist Edition now). I am in no rush to get a “DRM” copy of the game, I find the Steam version just fine.

We all should know by now since all versions of Kickstarter Crowdfunding programs/systems that nothing is absolutely guaranteed and are GOAL oriented for a reason. There is a ToS agreement you agree to when you pay into a goal, as well as they had one on their Website. They never had to offer any refunds for Kickstarters or Website buyers because they even stated their wont be giving any, but alas they did anyways because they arent as cold hearted as the majority of you think they are. You cannot blame the person(s) or team every time when they just about literally bend over for every crying whim. If any of you complaining had even 10 minutes to read all the posts & updates in the last month that the Team has given us, instead of bashing and complaining when the answers to the problems lie elsewhere. Yeah I am defending them because they’ve worked hard to accommodate everyone all the way up to last minute with the GOG version of the game, which has had issues they have been trying to work out.

Tell me how is GOG not a DRM service? You still have to Log into an Account that your key is tied to and Download the client installer, or if you use the Galaxy Client, its just like Steam. I use Steam, Galaxy, UPlay & Origin. I dont like UPlay & Origin. They are all nearly identical except their UI. Origin imo is the worst followed by Uplay for just being intrusively in the way. You use Windows, MacOS or Linux, technically those are DRM, but Im sure none of you would think of that. You play on a console and have an account with all your games, (XBL Gold or PSN+), you cant go to a friends house and play any titles tied to that account on their console unless its console id was registered to your XBL or PSN account.

This is such a spoiled brat of a gaming generation.

Long story Short, think about what you are crowdfunding next time and if you really want to invest money into something. This isnt the Stock Market.

Galaxy is optional, so once you downloaded the game installation files, you don’t need to be connected to any account to play :wink:

That was a rhetorical question, but thank you. I know how it works. :smiley: :rolleyes:

This thread is deprecated - closing it to avoid confusion.