GOG version and translations - possible bug

There seems to be a bug in the GOG version of Grim Dawn regarding translations. It is not possible to download them from the game menu. Even if you manually put the translation file inside the localization folder, the translation won’t become available in-game.

afaik you’re not supposed to do that any longer
you’re supposed to go into the language options, select more languages, and then pick the language from there (that you just “download” via the same function)
*works on my gog
** you have to click the language option again and select the language from the drop down list after clicking the download/ie have to click the language options multiple times

I know, but a user reported on the “Portuguese translation (brazilian)” subforum that it is not working for him. I gave him the translation file and told him to place it inside the localization folder and then select Portuguese language from the game menu, but it’s still not working. I will ask him if he clicked the language options multiple times as you said just to be sure, but I’m pretty sure he did.

maybe verify game files too if your friend hasn’t (and did click language multiple times)
screenshots from my GoG installation 9.7 patch

1 Like

Ok, thank you for the help. Now I know it’s something on his end. I will try to figure it out with him. :slightly_smiling_face:

other thing occured to me, options changes usually take place in the options.txt file in documents/my games/grim dawn/settings folder
and sometimes some users report issues with that, that settings doesn’t stick/save, or they can’t make any change at all
assuming the language selection is the same/sits in the options.txt file, after hitting the ingame download, maybe ask/confirm if they have other options/settings issues too
might mean the options file isn’t updating(needs to exit game, delete it and restart game/use repair tool), or got hijacked by Onedrive/is in the wrong folder etc etc

1 Like

Thanks, I will suggest that to him. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.