GoG Win7 Not recognizing I'm logged into GoG Galaxy

HI, if i missed this being posted before or this is the wrong place to post, I apologize.
I have two copies of GD on GoG, one for me and one for my son on different GoG Accounts.
We have been playing with a remote friend via Internet play with the base game/AoM.
Today I bought Forgotten Gods on his account and now we always get the Message to please launch from Galaxy. Which we did.
Since galaxy’s current version does not support Win7 we have an old client on his machine.
I know this is a harebrained question seeing as we’re using an outdated client, but since it worked before I’m hoping there is a solution.
If additional info would be helpful I’m happy to provide it.
(also opened a support request at GoG; postnig here too in the hopes for a speedy resolution)

You can’t play together unless you all have the same expansion/s so he would need to disable the Forgotten Gods expansion. If you wanted to play with someone who only had the base game then you would need to disable AoM and FG. And any character that has been into FG can’t go back to base/AoM. If playing with someone with just the base game then no character that has been into either expansion can be used.

Sorry I wasnt clear there.
Both the remote person as well as myself had FG in between. The Win7 Account was the last one to get it. And the problem is that it wont let us search for internet games because it’s behaving like we were using an offline install.
Edit: From my limited understanding it is very likely it’s a problem with GoG Galaxy, since some authentication info appears to not be available. (eg: trying to shift +tab into GoG overlay gives a 403 error)

All of you verify the game files and if that doesn’t help try exiting GOG Galaxy and then going back in again.

Or revert back to using the manual installations without Galaxy if you can.

The Problem is exclusive to the Win7 machine.
Using offline files wont do us any good because in order to play via Internet (not LAN) it needs the GoG auth.
for now we’ll play in LAN and hope we get an answer from GoG which isnt: “Sorry, we cant help with outdated clients.” Though I dont hold out much hope or would blame them.
I just find it weird that it worked without FG.

Edit: No response yet from GoG; tried a few more things like de/reinstalling Galaxy and GD. Ran a win7 update pack, switched DNS since i found someone who fixed something similar by going via mobile data… to no avail
We went the hamachi route now and it works; though we had some crashes when joining or leaving

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.