Good advice for a new player?

I’m glad to hear there are no seasons/leagues, restarting every three months is part of the reason I burnt out in path of exile. And spanksalot, I just made this thread to ask for any general advice, as well as introduce myself.

Some guides to help you out:

Ooh, thanks, those look like some good guides to read. It always amazes me how much work people put in to explaining games in guides so others can learn more.

Game mechanics in GD is confusing, and the tooltip can be misleading.

So feel free to ask away with any questions you might have

One more question: Is there any way to trade or gift items in this game?

Only on MP. You need to create a lobby and have people join.

There’s also a pretty active trading thread here

Thanks spanksalot.

Technically you can trade without using MP but you need to be using local saving and it requires juggling save files around a little.

Why are you noob bashing me

1 Like

I was born this way. Don’t be a hater.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve noticed some spiders in the early hours of the game in these dank cellar environments. Will there be tons of spiders in this game?

I don’t know how to write spoliers, so here’s my answer. In GD there’s variety of enemies races and they are common in the specific area. In Warden Krieg cellar and some early stages there’s abundance of them. Also there is one Boss you need to kill later on main quest path. There’s also famous hidden boss. Also lother insects enemies. But I don’t think there are other areas with many spiders :thinking:

If you are afraid of spiders, @jiaco once wrote a mod that made them all really small. Dunno that it still works anymore tho plus you’d have to play custom games to use it OR learn how to merge mods to override the Main Campaign…something I still need to learn how to do someday.

@nery: I will replace the “i’s” in “spoilers” with 1’s so you can see how to do it

[spo1ler]blahblahblah[/spo1ler]

@jiaco: I get the pun. good 1 m8

hello,

your advice is helpfull for me thanks for sharing ,i think this is a great advice for a beginner player thanks again

thanks and regards

Hey, I’m not too far in to the game and I came across a side quest mentioning sexual assault, and I found it quite jarring. Will this kind of thing show up later on in the game? If so this might not be the best game for me.

Is it just that specific topic that is jarring? Or have you been reticent about the destruction, decaying corpses, and other malicious acts (e.g., the Warden) plentifully encountered thus far? Grim Dawn is … pardon the pun … quite grim in the early acts as the scale of destruction and horrible outcomes are presented to the player.

The quest you reference has an interesting set of player choices, and the moral dilemma is symptomatic of some of the other quests in Act 2 (where you encountered the aforementioned quest). As I recall, that is the only side quest of that particular theme in the base game, although there are other somewhat gritty ones depending on your sensitivity. There is graphic inference to other, gender specific, unnatural and despicable acts near the conclusion of Ashes of Malmouth DLC, however, individual tolerance may vary.

My opinion is that Act 2 contains the greatest number of moral dilemma type side quests, and then later ones return to being more “standard fare”.

If you want to arm yourself with foreknowledge (sometimes called “spoilers”), you could take a selective read through the quest descriptions here so that they’re not as shocking when you encounter them.

Most side quests are of the “go somewhere, kill something, bring back something” variety, but there are a few where the player’s choice affects the outcome in not so obvious ways.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It’s really just the topic of sexual assault that bothers me, other forms of violence are ok. What do you mean about gender specific unnatural and despicable acts?

I refer you to the “Can’t Leave Them” quest. It is better that you know and judge for yourself whether this is a topic you may find questionable.

In essence, the aetherials captured live women, and also took dead female corpses, to use for breeding new mutants.