Hello everyone, I haven’t played Grim Dawn since it was in early access. I was hoping to introduce myself to the community and ask if anyone has any tips for a new/returning player. I already have a build picked out and have gained a few levels, but I’m always open to tips. Hopefully soon I will become a contributing member of your community.
Could you state a question more specifically? It’s far too general as it stands… You could at least show your build, or tell what kind of builds you’re interested in.
I’m using this build, which seems to have spelled out most of what I need to know, I just wondered if anyone had some general tips for playing the game, things they wished they knew starting out.
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Being returning to the game can be difficult and definitely you can ask for help in the forum. You can see the guides section if you want to recieve specific information. Also in my experience the best beginners guides are done by @malawiglenn. So please check his guides! ☄ Collection of malawiglenn's Beginner Friendly builds
I also have posted beginners guides or builds with budget setups. You can find them all here ⚔ Nery's beginner build collection
Hope you can find, what you are looking for!
As a recently returning player myself, having taken a couple of years off (or more), I understand. The game is quite different from the one I/we left.
Some general advice I’ve given to friends who’ve yet decided to get and/or play Grim Dawn:
- Explore everywhere … every nook and hidden space … and you’ll be rewarded.
- Keep your eyes open to be aware of your surroundings (sometimes referred to as “situational awareness”)
- Also pay attention to what you’re doing … or sometimes what you’re not doing (e.g., damage) … so you can know when you need to make corrections
- Don’t get frustrated when that uber-elite loot you want doesn’t drop right away … it’s all part of the game.
- upgrade, upgrade, upgrade
- Kill everything … take their stuff.
- Inventory space is limited. Once you have a full complement of yellow gear, filter yellows and whites and only pick up greens to sell for extra iron (also collect blues and purples but sell extras of each). This makes more efficient use of your limited inventory space.
- Have fun. If you’re getting frustrated, you’re doing it wrong.
By the way, does this game have seasons/leagues or anything similar where things reset every now and then, like in path of exile?
No, it’s a single-player game, after all.
Hey everune. Welcome to the forum!
Are you looking for specific advice? Or general advice?
I’m glad to hear there are no seasons/leagues, restarting every three months is part of the reason I burnt out in path of exile. And spanksalot, I just made this thread to ask for any general advice, as well as introduce myself.
Some guides to help you out:
Ooh, thanks, those look like some good guides to read. It always amazes me how much work people put in to explaining games in guides so others can learn more.
Game mechanics in GD is confusing, and the tooltip can be misleading.
So feel free to ask away with any questions you might have
One more question: Is there any way to trade or gift items in this game?
Only on MP. You need to create a lobby and have people join.
There’s also a pretty active trading thread here
Technically you can trade without using MP but you need to be using local saving and it requires juggling save files around a little.
Why are you noob bashing me
I was born this way. Don’t be a hater.
Hi, I’ve noticed some spiders in the early hours of the game in these dank cellar environments. Will there be tons of spiders in this game?