Great skills to proc attack devotions

Yes, that’s precisely what I’m theorycrafting right now actually…
With the right devotion, it could be pretty good :slight_smile:

1 Like

We also forget about these great proccers:

• Storm Totems
  • Wind Devils with 12/12 Maelstrom
  • Guardians (when we have more of them, let’s say 4+)

They are good because of multiple player pets proccing devos.

Also Storm Box because it has its own specific mechanics I think

2 Likes

If you’re going Physical/Trauma then ‘‘Bull Rush’’ is perfect for binding Judgment, especially among crowd but also very satisfying on 1v1.

If you’re going Fire then ‘‘Flame Torrent’’ or Guardians’s Gaze if you have conversion and need sustain.

I did some testing with Judgment, for example even with extreme OA like 3400, binding Blind Fury to Judgment doesn’t give you any proc advantage, it’s okish even among crowd because of the devotion’s CD. Heart of Wrath mechanics works like any other tick per second but it also starts with initial Judgment hit so when you proc Blind Fury with initial hit, 1 sec of HoW lost, then you may proc with second or third again which is not likely on 1v1. The example means; bind devotions that has no cooldown (or very low ones) to Judgment to use it efficiently.

2 Likes

That’s exactly the kind of info I need :slight_smile:

I have a short list of devotions that might be worth spamming
Bull rush
Aetherfire
Shifting sands
Maul
Tsunami

Some of these might not work but I’ll test them all

The problem with Blind fury on a reduced cooldown judgement is that it doesn’t benefit at all from the increased proc chance. In that sense, a better skill would be something like Storm Box.

Judgement would thrive on a low cooldown, instant damage low proc chance devotion like Aetherfire or, as mentioned above, Bull rush

…Does bull rush work at any distance ?

Heart of Wrath makes Judgment arguably the best devotion proccer in the game. Guardian Gaze devotion proc just goes crazy with the eyes spawning.

And yes, that means Heart of Wrath helps Judgment proc devotions.

3 Likes

I’m looking at that dynamic at large to see if there are exploitable combos out there, but right now my mind is turned to making a version of this: [1.1.9.1] The ATV - Aetherfire Templar Vanquisher - Grim Dawn / Classes, Skills and Builds - Crate Entertainment Forum

using Judgement instead of Vire’s might

Haven’t seen Grasping Vines mentioned since that’s also pretty good at proccing devotions. Specially for its rather low cooldown, allowing the player to stack three or four of them.

1 Like

Under the hood, grasping vines, sigil of comsumption and ravenous earth are… basically the same thing, right ?

Different damage type and effects, but same-ish AoE, cooldown and tick rate…

Grasping Vines and Sigil are the same except Sigil has higher cooldown, making it worse at proccing devotions because you can’t stack as high as Grasping Vines. Ravenous Earth is great at proccing devotions because each individual projectile has a chance to proc it.

2 Likes

I’ve just tested this and thought maybe the Burn from Heart of Wrath has also an increased chance (100% on Bat) but no, just usual 25%. It would be OP if it was the case.

On single target it’s worse than godlike proccers like Storm Totems, Devils or RE I think.

You mean the Burn like DoT or just the general damage of Heart of Wrath? Because from experience Heart of Wrath does seem to have the same chance to proc devotions as Judgment. At least that’s what it feels like.

I’ve just tested on a single dummy in Homested with HoT being close to dummy.
Onlly 1 Bat very often. Could see HoT had 25%
Not saying it’s bad since the first hit has 100% but could be even better :slight_smile:

If it felt this way on groups it’s because it’s easy to proc stuff on groups in general (was probably close to 100% on them) and that’s why I like to focus on single targets but that’s just my personal preference. In Crucible you’d rather bind with groups in mind even if it’s not optimal on singles.

Are devotions supposed to be able to proc more often if there are more targets ?
You should see a bat hit max every 0.6 seconds, even if there are 2 possible targets, no ?

No. They will proc more often but not because of overriding skill recharge but just more proc chances.
Yes. There’s a global recharge for all targets.

1 Like

Last I checked, Judgment also scales the proc chance up according to the base cooldown of 5 seconds, combined with Heart of Wrath and some CDR or skill mods to push Heart of Wrath closer to 100% uptime makes it superb at proccing even some of the hardest devotion procs. I’ve used it bound to Fissure with a proc chance of 75% on 1 or 2 Fire/Burn Shieldbreakers and know others have done the same.

Edit: Just re-read through tqFan and Norzan’s posts properly and that’s put things into perspective for me more now. Good to know, thanks to the both of you for testing it out properly :+1:.

1 Like

Tested in my Judgment Sentinel, and it does seem Heart of Wrath just has the base chance to proc devotions. That still helps a lot though.

2 Likes

It’s weird though that Volcanic stride inherited Vire’s might proc chance, but heart of wrath doesn’t…

I got sad news for you :frowning:
I often bound Judgment to Wendigo to apply it to multiple targets with 75% chance.
IT DOESN’T WORK! ONLY 1 TARGET MAX CURSED!
@grey-maybe once mentioned devos have very small internal cooldown even if not written :frowning:
#no-fun-allowed

2 Likes

Yes I forgot to mention that, it’s also same when Assassin’s Mark binded to Judgment, even though more than one target get crit, only one of them gets the debuff. Similar issue with War Cry, I tried War Cry to proc Rattosh since it’s %100 Chance and I could get all debuffed with only one skill, but nooo, Z won’t things like this easy so only one of them gets the debuff usually the one you clicked :wink:

3 Likes

It goes to show that one activation = 1 proc, no matter how many targets get hit with the initial attack.
To get more, you would need multiple ticks

I’ve played a LOT with Elemental seeker on Word of Pain, and it’s pumping out 1 seeker per second like clockwork, even though i’m hitting the whole screen

Which makes the case for lingering skills (like volcanic stride or Heart of wrath) more interesting
Probably because volcanic stride creates a “puddle” that’s independent from you, while heart of wrath creates an aura that ticks once per second like Aura of Censure…

Any other skill like that that have modifiers that cause damage AFTER a skill’s normal duration ?