Great skills to proc attack devotions

I’ve just tested on a single dummy in Homested with HoT being close to dummy.
Onlly 1 Bat very often. Could see HoT had 25%
Not saying it’s bad since the first hit has 100% but could be even better :slight_smile:

If it felt this way on groups it’s because it’s easy to proc stuff on groups in general (was probably close to 100% on them) and that’s why I like to focus on single targets but that’s just my personal preference. In Crucible you’d rather bind with groups in mind even if it’s not optimal on singles.

Are devotions supposed to be able to proc more often if there are more targets ?
You should see a bat hit max every 0.6 seconds, even if there are 2 possible targets, no ?

No. They will proc more often but not because of overriding skill recharge but just more proc chances.
Yes. There’s a global recharge for all targets.

1 Like

Last I checked, Judgment also scales the proc chance up according to the base cooldown of 5 seconds, combined with Heart of Wrath and some CDR or skill mods to push Heart of Wrath closer to 100% uptime makes it superb at proccing even some of the hardest devotion procs. I’ve used it bound to Fissure with a proc chance of 75% on 1 or 2 Fire/Burn Shieldbreakers and know others have done the same.

Edit: Just re-read through tqFan and Norzan’s posts properly and that’s put things into perspective for me more now. Good to know, thanks to the both of you for testing it out properly :+1:.

1 Like

Tested in my Judgment Sentinel, and it does seem Heart of Wrath just has the base chance to proc devotions. That still helps a lot though.

2 Likes

It’s weird though that Volcanic stride inherited Vire’s might proc chance, but heart of wrath doesn’t…

I got sad news for you :frowning:
I often bound Judgment to Wendigo to apply it to multiple targets with 75% chance.
IT DOESN’T WORK! ONLY 1 TARGET MAX CURSED!
@grey-maybe once mentioned devos have very small internal cooldown even if not written :frowning:
#no-fun-allowed

2 Likes

Yes I forgot to mention that, it’s also same when Assassin’s Mark binded to Judgment, even though more than one target get crit, only one of them gets the debuff. Similar issue with War Cry, I tried War Cry to proc Rattosh since it’s %100 Chance and I could get all debuffed with only one skill, but nooo, Z won’t things like this easy so only one of them gets the debuff usually the one you clicked :wink:

3 Likes

It goes to show that one activation = 1 proc, no matter how many targets get hit with the initial attack.
To get more, you would need multiple ticks

I’ve played a LOT with Elemental seeker on Word of Pain, and it’s pumping out 1 seeker per second like clockwork, even though i’m hitting the whole screen

Which makes the case for lingering skills (like volcanic stride or Heart of wrath) more interesting
Probably because volcanic stride creates a “puddle” that’s independent from you, while heart of wrath creates an aura that ticks once per second like Aura of Censure…

Any other skill like that that have modifiers that cause damage AFTER a skill’s normal duration ?

Yeah but Seeker has cooldown so it’s understandable. Wendigo doesn’t so I thought it can occur multiple times on initial cast.

1 Like

That would make sense, but I think it’s not about time.
If one hit = one proc, the cooldown determins how long before it can proc again. if it’s zero, then it could proc immediately after, but it would still need a different hit.

Maybe that’s why skills like grasping vines are better at proccing: they don,t perform an attack, they create a “puddle” that individually attacks what it touches, each hit being independent…

How easily does Wendigo apply when bound to Grasping vine ? I bet you would see what you wanted with Judgement

It’s not about having cooldown or not, it’s about those are classified as debuffs and they require target. Probably since the beginning you can’t debuff multiple targets at the same time with AoE skills. Or maybe someone exploited the issue with some AoE skill and they decide to restrain it. I presume(not %100 sure) Callidor’s Tempest with CD also will act similarly. You can’t just debuff all enemies in the radius at the same time just because you have %100 chance on the proc.(didn’t tested particularly but it is probably same with Solael’s Witchfire and Rumor debuffs, but one target is enough to spread among dozens in secs so we don’t notice that initial strike procced only to one)

1 Like

I have only seen Wendigo on one target at a time. Soon as that target dies, then it can proc on another monster. Just what I’ve observed with it…

Rend also has no cooldown, but it can be applied to multiple targets at once. It’s probably a better example if what we’re testing is proc chances.

No, it can be on multiple dummies at the same time. Just seen it.

1 Like

Remember that 11/12 transmuted BWC has a higher proc chance than 12/12 transmuted BWC.

Canister Bomb is great at proccing Aetherfire.

What ?
… why ? how ?

• Genuinely confused *
1 Like

Any summons you can have multiple of tend to be reliable as well. Necro Skeletons, Storm Totems, Wind Devils with lots of points in Maelstrom, to name a few. Thermite Mines are an exception though because of the mechanics of the skill.

2 Likes

So thermite mines aren’t great for attaching something like bat to?

No actually Mines proc Bat adequately in 1v1 and great in crowd since you can land 2x of them.

1 Like