Grim Dawn 1.1.8.1

Everyone is there.
I have a quick question.
Can someone tell me how can I remove the visible version of the game in the main menu of the game in the bottom corner? it annoys me.
I would like no version number to be displayed.
I am asking for help how and where to change.

I’m afraid that is hardcoded so you would need to do some serious exe decompiling, which I would not recommend.

Can You or someone verify this? Maybe its easy?

I can verify this by stating that the best advice you could ever get regarding your question has already been provided

1 Like

Zantai’s project lead on the game so I think it’s pretty much verified it’s hardcoded and not recommended to try and alter it.

Grab a piece of masking tape, colour it the same as the menu background, apply to screen over version number.

1 Like

When i change background in menu the number version from down right corner menu deleting or not?

Not sure if it’s what you mean but when I hide menu background for illusions shoots using GI the version remains.

No, plain and simple. You can’t make it go away.

In others games i use HXD and no problem change this. Someone who know how delete number version game in main menu down right corner please help me. Or maybe give me solution or upload exe without number version

Not happening because it doesn’t exist and can’t be done. How much clearer do you want everyone to be.

Since I spent way too much time poking around…

the version string lives in Engine.dll

you could just null the version string (worked for me), but understand that several (presumably important) things reference that string, so if all you want to do is take pretty pictures, back up your save folder first so you dont break anything, then restore the original before actually playing

1 Like

Tehcab thank so much for your post. How can i do this? Can You write little solution for me?

Get a Hex Editor, search for the string in the dll and replace it with the same number of spaces would be my first try (I assume this is stored as a string given what tehkab wrote)… though if this needs to be spelled out for you, maybe you should not be messing with this…