Hi guys, I’m a Grim Dawn Veteran and like many I absolutely loved Grim Dawn. Currently I am playing Path of Exile, and have a history of playing ARPGs, RPG’s and MMO’s, I am looking forward to Path of Exile 2, Diablo 4 and Lost ark online. ARPG’s are my sweet spot, I tend to spend most of my time discovering new places, new items, refining my build to progress to more difficult content.
After experiencing Path of Exile I really think there can be a lot to take away from this game, and I would like to share a conceptual idea which could work in the Grim Dawn Universe.
The thing which keeps me coming back to Path is the regular updates, the changes in meta, the diversity in character builds. complex itemisation. Grim Dawn had all of this, and it did get fairly regular updates. End game was huge too, so what would I love to see in the next instalment?
- Create a campaign which levels a character up to start end game without needing to re-run the same campaign many times. Fans of the game will have to run the campaign many times because they will be creating lots of different characters, but the idea of running the campaign 3 times for each character was pretty tough and it contributed to player fatigue.
- Give the players the option once they have completed the campaign, to start end game with new characters (from level 1). This method should speed up the levelling process encouraging players to experiment with many builds with having a huge impact on the amount of time they need to spend. Example, in Grim Dawn, I spent a total of around 800 hours but I only created about 8 different characters meaning I missed out of many builds :(((
- Make almost impossible content as an optional end-game, give the players something to aim for, make it so tough that only a handful of players are likely to beat it. This coupled with lots of other end game content with varying difficulty.
- Raids, this would be a seasonal objective, ideally every 3 month. We have a reset where all characters are push to a standard league much like POE, each season, a new raid would become available and this raid would be extremely difficult (see point 3), raids would scale based on party size so that players who wish to solo the game can do so.
- We had the crucible, amazing. I would like to see this featured in Grim Dawn 2, but with global leaderboards, rewards, something for players to aim for. Endless difficulty so that players can really measure of strong their character is.
- Game speed, I actually switched to playing GD at 1.4 game speed, it just felt so much better. I would like Grim Dawn 2 to be faster than GD.
- Fresh content, retain players, surprise us with amazing idea’s.
- New engine, new graphics
- Town Hubs, where hundreds of players can meet chat and show off their armour.
- PVP leaderboards and ranking. Season rewards
I realise Grim Dawn 2 may not even happen, and that this is pointless post. Hope you are all well