Grim Dawn Build Selection Flowchart

If this exists I’ll throw it into the top section right now.

Part of the lack-of-comprehensiveness in putting this flowchart together also stems from the fact that I may not necessarily be aware of everything. I kinda made a point about that in the “notes” section of the chart as well:

There’s only so much the forum search function could do for me. Look, I even missed @x1x1x1x2 entirely, somehow, despite knowing the guy exists!

DM me rather than posting it here then. I don’t care about bias. Just want to know what you think.

Well that’s its own thing, and I won’t try to convince you of otherwise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok, now i know how your metric works.
but i’m to lazy to create a proper threads for those builds, so idk, maybe after the patch.

1 Like

Sorry
shrek-scared

1 Like

dm’ed, but some links you will have to find out yourself, I just don’t have them

1 Like

This comes down to what Ceno regards as top-tier, his strict boundaries/judgment on timers and how meta or memey in concept both builds are (which is up to the author’s discretion).

I’d personally consider 5:30 as passable/solid in terms of Crucible timers - the majority of Crucible builds I see seem to fall within this area. Sub 5m are insane and perhaps should be put in a class on their own but that’s not up to me to decide.

1 Like

There are much more you forgot:

FASTEST CLEANERS IN THE WORLD
TOP STARTER
NO AGGRO ABUSE
EASY-BREEZY SR XX

And so on :grava_yes:

2 Likes

Wrong.

1 Like

Glad to see my man @WyreZ Augur build made the cut! #Augur4lyfe

1 Like

menacing

8 Likes

woopsie (besides pets ofc) :grimacing:

2 Likes

2 Likes

This: I had brought it privately first to make sure people were okay with me showcasing their builds, as I know people like to keep things private so it doesn’t become so obvious it begs for nerfs. I’ll admit I was hasty in posting it before properly vetting it - had I known that certain Discourse formatting tricks were a lot easier than I initially anticipated, I would have taken more time editing things in my Microsoft notes instead of posting it first and then editing it then. Calling it V1.0 instead of an alpha was just a split-second dumb choice on my effort.

A few things I found when researching for my thread:

1. There are several threads that have the title: “Super MEGA Crucible ROFLstomper” that uses all the broken things that a patch had (Chains of Anguish before the nerfs as an obvious example), then the patch comes around and the thread’s never touched again. It makes it difficult to figure out which builds are meant to be updated and which was for the Crucible World Record times.

2. When it comes to build requests, there’s a whole range to look out for. There’s the “I only want to play the most broken stuff before it gets nerfed cause I like killing things fast” group; then there’s the “I won’t consider a build until it has a level guide with every skill point, every attribute, every devotion point accounted for.” Then there’s the “I want to play with purple, but not too blue-ish purple” crowd which has a mind of its own.

Grim Dawn has more than enough staying power that people will look in these threads 5-10 years after the last balance patch has come and gone. Once there’s no longer a fear of items or concepts being nerfed, there’ll be an explosion of good stuff out there.

Where’s Maska’s temporal arcblade elementalist? Can’t fin it and I’d like to take a look.

1 Like

Are there really that many secret ultra powerful builds?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Pierce Dervish possible?

Sorry, I’m blind sometimes. I’ve managed to literally find, read and laugh about all parts of your chart, but the HC part… Whoops.

Apprechiate the mention a lot in this comedic, but still useful chart!

1 Like

78.53% of the times, to be exact.

1 Like

: “you can’t quantify Grim Dawn”

Ceno:

3 Likes

This is amazing! Does it still work well with the latest version now out?

All the builds shoulder more or less still function but most have probably been tweaked here and there, some for better or worse.