Grim Dawn Guide How To Beat Hardcore Difficulty - Final Part Some Dangerous Areas And Bosses

Greetings and salutations everyone! My name is Alexandr, also known as Xandrevets and I like to present to you the first part of this Grim Dawn guide https://youtu.be/2xebGl_GGk8 that I was working on entitled “GRIM DAWN GUIDE HOW TO BEAT HARDCORE DIFFICULTY PART ONE CLASS/DAMAGE TYPE/CONSTELLATIONS”. I got this question a lot during my Grim Dawn streams and in the comment section of some Grim Dawn videos, so I decided to answer to it in this format. This will be very helpful for all players, especially newcomers to this game, who does not have any experience or items, yet they still want to figure out how to beat hardcore mode. It will contain all the necessary information, that you need to know (in my opinion).

In part one I will show and talk about: my class recommendation with its strengths and weaknesses, damage type and its mechanics, constellations both must have and optional. I appreciate, if you will leave a like, share this video among those who are interested in this game, subscribe to this channel and enjoy watching this video!

Timestamps For Part One

Introduction 0:0
Class Recommendation 3:17
Damage Type 5:11
Constellations Timestamps
Assassin’s Blade 7:18
Azraaka, the Eternal Sands 8:04
Ghoul 9:54
Empty Throne 10:04
Hawk and Panther 10:19
Chariot of the Dead 10:49
Hammer 11:32
Eel 11:52
Solemn Watcher 12:08
Kraken 12:39
Ulzaad, Herald of Korvaak 13:05

Welcome back everyone! This video is a direct continuation of a guide, that I am making aimed towards those players who want to complete hardcore mode in Grim Dawn. Part two is named “GRIM DAWN GUIDE HOW TO BEAT HARDCORE DIFFICULTY PART TWO SKILLS ALLOCATION AND THEIR MECHANICS”. In the previous video, I recommended a death knight character. It is a class combination between soldier and necromancer and now it is time to explain and show you their skills.

I will elaborate on the mechanical part of each skill, as well as their distribution both for leveling and for the endgame approach. Here, I also explained the principles on which you can rely to optimize your skill distribution for any character, that you want to play and for any mode, that you wish to complete (softcore or hardcore) in Grim Dawn. Cherry on top of all this, is the fact, that no matter, if you decided to play with a shield or with a two handed weapon, the skill allocation part is not that different for a death knight, which makes it a good choice for any player, that does not want to change things drastically, if he or she prefers a different playstyle. Anyway, if you enjoy this kind of content, then I would appreciate if you leave a like for this video, share it among those players, who are interested in it and subscribe to this channel, especially if you want to see the continuation of this guide. Grab yourself a tea, or a cup of coffee, relax and enjoy watching this video!

Timestamps For Part Two

Forcewave 0:00
Blade Arc 2:13
Fighting Spirit 6:22
Military Conditioning 7:04
Decorated Soldier 7:29
Scars Of Battle 8:14
Menhir’s Will 9:58
Shield Trainin 11:40
Veterancy 12:47
Field Command 14:54
Menhir’s Bulwark 16:50
Oleron’s Rage 18:16
War Cry 19:32
Blitz 24:26
Overguard 26:44
Spectral Binding 29:08
Mark Of Torment 31:52

Welcome back everyone! This is the first half of a new video named “Grim Dawn Guide How To Beat Hardcore Difficulty Part Three (First Half) Itemization/Stats/Mechanics”. In this part you will learn more about what items to look for, when leveling and in the endgame; what stats are more preferable to have on them and finally - what those stats will do for your character’s gameplay in terms of their mechanics. You should keep in mind, that I have done all this, based around the idea, that you will be trying to beat the hardcore difficulty with a death knight in Grim Dawn, however, some of the principles that I have or will be describing in the future videos works perfectly fine with other characters.

I suggest for those of you, who are new to this channel to subscribe, because I, Alexandr (Xandrevets) and my brother Iurii (Terlord) have made many useful videos already, both toward beginners and experienced players in Grim Dawn and more content for this game is on its way. If you are a beginner, and you have no experience in Grim Dawn, then I suggest you to watch part one first and after, Grim Dawn beginner friendly tips to be able to understand the game mechanics better, at least on the basic level. Leave a like, share this video and we hope you will enjoy watching it!

Timestamps For Part Three

Itemization And Stats General Information 0:0
Item Examples For Leveling And Endgame Stages 5:39

I am presenting you a new video named “Grim Dawn Guide How To Beat Hardcore Difficulty Part Three (Second Half) Friendly Factions/Krieg Set”. In part three (second half) you will learn more about the usefulness of each friendly faction in general and for physical damage builds. I will show all of them, that you will encounter in the vanilla campaign as well as in the ashes of malmouth and forgotten gods. In addition to that, I will highlight what kind of components and augments you will need both for leveling and endgame stages. Finally, I will show to you where you can farm krieg set pieces, for the sake of making your attempt at beating remaining segments on elite and all the ultimate difficulty in grim dawn on hardcore, or softcore much easier. As usual, most of the principles in this video, or any other part of this guide, that I am describing are based around the idea, that you will be trying to beat the hardcore difficulty with a death knight in Grim Dawn, however, some of them works perfectly fine with other characters.

If you are interested and you are new to this channel, I suggest you to subscribe, because I, Alexandr (Xandrevets) and my brother Iurii (Terlord) have made many useful videos already, both toward beginners and experienced players in Grim Dawn and more content for this game is on its way. If you are a beginner, and you have no experience in Grim Dawn, then I suggest you to watch part one of this guide first and after, Grim Dawn beginner friendly tips playlist to be able to understand the game mechanics better, at least on the basic level. Leave a like, share this video and we hope you will enjoy watching it!

Warning - this guide contains multiple parts and final part is coming next week. It will focus on some dangerous areas and bosses as well as the explanation of their mechanics.

Timestamps for Part Three (Second Half)

Friendly Factions 0:00
Components And Augments 11:49
Krieg Set Location And Its Mechanics 22:55

Welcome back everyone! This video https://youtu.be/2-SfMcDoGVA is named “Grim Dawn Guide How To Beat Hardcore Difficulty Final Part Some Dangerous Areas And Bosses”. It is the final part of this guide and with it concludes this whole series. In this part you will see and learn more about the dangerous types of areas and bosses, that will have life threatening mechanics and I will also briefly explain how to effectively play around them. I say briefly, because most of this stuff I have already talked about with a lot of details in my first and second video about Grim Dawn, so I will leave a link to those videos in the description as well as in the annotation during this video. As always, most of the stuff that I am describing is done from a subjective point of view, and you may freely disagree or have your own take on the things, which I will mention.

Hopefully you will be able to successfully beat the hardcore difficulty in Grim Dawn. Anyway, if you are interested and you are new to this channel, I suggest you to subscribe, because I, Alexandr (Xandrevets) and my brother Iurii (Terlord) have made many useful videos already, both toward beginners and experienced players in Grim Dawn and more content for this game is on its way. If you are a beginner, and you have no experience in Grim Dawn, then I suggest you to watch part one of this guide first and after, Grim Dawn beginner friendly tips playlist to be able to understand the game mechanics better, at least on the basic level. Leave a like, share this video and we hope you will enjoy watching it!

Timestamps For Final Part

Some Dangerous Areas And Bosses 0:00
Conclusion 8:44

Feels misleading since you don’t need anything special to beat Hardcore difficulty. The only difference it has from Softcore is that death is permanent. But since some have beat the game on HC Ultimate even going Classless including having a secret achievement ingame for doing exactly that…

The only thing that would actually matter here for the average player is that you need to play more carefully instead of rushing through things.

4 Likes

Also don’t be a player who jumps straight to HC with no experience
and then complains about dying despite having super tanky character.

5 Likes

You need to have not only the basic game knowledge, but also where you should never ever go on your first HC character. Where and how you obtain this knowledge it is up to you. I can say, that a person without knowledge is still going to die on HC even if he, or she plays as careful as possible and vice versa, with knowledge and no experience your chances to complete HC are better, but is is not a guarantee.

I can say from my personal experience, there are a lot of things in the campaign, that can kill you even if you have the tankiest character and previous experience. Luckily, most of those things are optional and you do not need to complete/beat them, unless you are a completionist person, but for that approach I would not advise anyone to play on HC.

1 Like

No you don’t.

Also, false.

And I can say from my personal experience that you are wrong.

The thing is, you are making HC out to be something different from SC that it would require an entirely different approach to it. That is false, for the only change as I mentioned previously is death being permanent.

As such, even if you might want to disagree, my experience would dictate a guide focusing on HC as if it were something requiring a different approach, as nothing but a waste of time.

2 Likes

I do not want this to turn this topic into a debate about whose experience and examples were better, especially after I read these words: “for the only change as I mentioned previously is death being permanent” and : “I can say, that a person without knowledge is still going to die on HC even if he, or she plays as careful as possible. Also, false”. I dare you to invite a complete newbie, which is this guide is aimed towards and make/force him to play full Yolo glass cannon build without any idea and knowledge of what he will be doing. I will bet money on the line, that he or she will die in normal difficulty 99.9% of the time. I have not tried to adress an elite group of people with my video, who put thousands of hours into this game and forced them to be on the same level as a complete beginner. So, if it is a waste of time for you, then you should at least respect others, who are interested in this video, as well as me as a person, who was responsible for making and sharing this content.

Why would a complete newbie want to do a HC challenge?

I respect their time and don’t want them to be misled by someone who should be asking for advice rather than giving them.

I don’t have much respect for people that put out worthless content on sites like youtube and advertise just to get more views or bait people into subscribing thinking it is quality content when it is not.

1 Like

Just follow rule #1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I, Alexandr, also known as Xandrevets would like to inform you, that the second half for part three of this guide has been added. I want to say thank you for all of those, who find those types of videos helpful. I am truly grateful for your attention and support, that you are showing. I hope to see you all in the next videos!

Hello ladies and gentleman! I would like to inform you that this guide is finished. There will be no more edits, or other types of videos to expand this material. However, if you still have some questions left in regards to beating hardcore difficulty, especially about some topics, which I have not covered, you may freely ask them in the comment section. I also want to say huge thanks to those people who are supporting me in any way, shape or form, as well as others who had found those videos helpful. I appreciate it and I hope that you have not felt disappointed either. Stay sound, healthy and cheerful and I hope to see you all in the next videos!

2 Likes