Grim Dawn has officially been beaten

A group of 4 players has officially beat the game by reaching and defeating the 210th shard of the Shattered Realm, the theoretical max we implemented an eternity ago thinking it could not be done.

Congratulations WyreZ and crew!

61 Likes

:grava_yes: :clap: :beers:

Well done team. Congratulations!

7 Likes

Obviously now you need to make shards up until 1000th and add Zantai as boss in that shard. :scorv:

13 Likes

Thank you and the team for providing us with countless, countless hours of fun. All of us went off to play other, more modern games, and we each kept finding our way back to Grim Dawn to scratch an itch that no other game seems to scratch.

The game and the community are just a very wonderful thing to be around. Thank you all for everything. We’ll continue to explore builds and fun shenanigans in the game. :smiley:

I’m also very keen to see Crate’s next projects come to life!

On behalf of @desioner , @WeaponZero , @Skelemental and myself… Thank you!!

35 Likes

Congratulations! Next milestone: do it within timer XD

3 Likes

Timer digits on posted screenshot is white, so that mean they did it within timer. Otherwise it would be red.

1 Like

Not if the timer ended in a previous shard, I think. Might be wrong on that, I usually wrap once timer’s gone.

1 Like

Nah, we definitely did not do it within timer… It is very easy to die at that level. Haha…!

11 Likes

I believe there was a pee break in there too. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yes! Despite the allure of other bigger modern AAA titles, we always ended up coming back to Grim Dawn… a testament to the lasting quality and replayable depth of the game!

9 Likes

calmly sits in corner and waits for #2 video of 210. cracks open a beer from a six pack eases back on lawn chair

P.S., Grats, you have finally proven what we all suspected - there was no easter egg or reward, no Excalibur for surpassing 210. You did it you crazy putzes. All hail KotR.

3 Likes

So it’s a nice opportunity to implement bigger chests rewards in shards higher than 80-something?

…how high is it again? When it stops giving us more loot?

Amazing feat. Alwas happy to see players challenge the limitations of a “infinitely” scaling dungeons developers implement.
And congratz to the whole team.

2 Likes

Congratulations on an amazing feat.

I guess now the developers need to give you a special reward or make you appear in-game.

3 Likes

I know a perfect place! Boris’ Pit! Yes, sarcasm.

4 Likes

Perfect, now you guys can officially start work on Grim Dawn 2, right…riiiight?

4 Likes

Holy bowel movement, Batman!

Dunno how you guys managed it, but congrats all around.

210…didn’t know the shards went that high. Whew!

1 Like

Not officially beaten until its done in HC.

Hardcore solo, with a 3 str cleric.

2 Likes

Classless! :upside_down_face:

6 Likes