Grim Dawn is coming to Xbox!

I just thought it was fair to let the devs know, after I have been so enthusiastic about the Xbox port for the last year or so.

seems like someone is wanting a handout. :upside_down_face: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Couldn’t you guys at least do a One X enhanced version at 1080p/60fps? Should be easier to get a dev kit for that, shouldn’t it? The series S and X could also use the one X enhanced version if you did one. I’d rather have more FPS if possible, 1080p is fine.

3 Likes

Genuine question - what’s preventing you guys from having a framerate unlock option and letting the console do the work as a stop gap solution? After so long this feels like a bit of a cop out. It’s extremely common for devs to include elements such as framerate unlocks and dynamic res scaling to ensure future proofing without any urgent need for a proper current gen version. It’s a real dealbreaker and feels like such a shame after all this time.

Already seen alot of chatter online over people deciding not to purchase because of this. By the time a dev kit is sourced, dev work is done and an update pushed it’ll have been a lifetime.

1 Like

Something something a shot in the dark? How are you proposing we verify what we’re doing without a system to do it on? I can’t speak for other developers, but we’re not just going to hope for the best.

We did manage to snipe a Series X recently, so some improvements may come sooner rather than later, but it’s still not a dev kit so there are limitations.

4 Likes

I’m informed that the FPS is in fact unlocked, so in theory a Series X likely will get more than 30 fps.

4 Likes

I was under the impression that you can run dev mode in any Xbox Series console as long as you have a paid MS dev account and install the dev mode app but I don’t have a dev account or a xbox series console so I can’t verify.

That is correct, but that is not the equivalent of an official dev kit. I don’t know the full details, but when the programmer says he’s gonna need a dev kit, I’m gonna trust him on that one. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That’s fair :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This is awesome news! You just made my day and I will buy on launch now that I won’t be capped at 30 fps on series X. Thank you for that confirmation. Can’t wait to tell my friends!

What about series s? Any form of improvement as well?

I would note that so far the trend is “there is nothing special going on between Xbox versions” at the moment. I’m pretty sure this is true for all cases for now.

I’m surprised in a full year you guys haven’t even managed to grab an S at this point. Series S are readily available to purchase would at least give a baseline minimum representation of how things would run. Worst case scenario the X|S will perform at Xbox One level, so opening the up the framerate cap with an optional toggle would go a long way. Plenty of games made prior to the consoles release did this alongside DRS and perform just fine without any testing.

Appreciate wanting to test, I’ve just not seen any devs talk of being unable to purchase the console for an entire year to do so.

Edit - just seen your post about the fps being unlocked. Awesome stuff - thank you!!

1 Like

I’m not a dev either, but as far as my knowledge goes, the xbox enabling dev Mode is limited to UWP apps, not Xbox Games itself… for that you still need a devkit.

While i get the frustation, having a X|S (so both) myself it would be a blast to get an optimized experience of it. My Problem right now is that we are kinda spoiled in that regard, because we forget that this “mess” only exist, because (thankfully) the Xbox Series X|S is Backwartscompatible. Is it really that wrong that a Dev decide to only deliever/release a Game on the basic xbox, esp. if you consider the manpower of a single dev working on it?

I mean imagine you know someone who got a Playstation 3 who can boot PS2 games and than complain that the PS2 Game he bought isn’t optimized on the technical Standarts of the Playstation 3… and in that situation is GD right now as well.

1 Like

I would agree. I’m just honestly happy and excited to be able to play on my xbox. It’s already been stated that the dev might/would look into the optimizing the game for the series X/S in the future which is potentially great and honestly, looking at Crate’s track record, I believe they’ll do what they can. I’m just hopeful that the console gaming (at least Xbox community) sees this game for the gem that it is and it sells well.
The amount of work/content thrown into the game since it was playable (2013, at least for me), has been crazy and all of it has been great content. Excited to start it all over on the console. Just a couple more days!

4 Likes

Will Grim Dawn xbox have mouse and keyboard support?

2 Likes

I agree as well. I hope too, i’m in no way someone wo research this stuff and draw statistics and such. But i’ve to say from my experience for certain type of games it shows that consoleplayers and pc players have different take ons and are kinda a different target audience. Than again people seem to get more open about the “typical” PC Games due how controls advanced in the past years and that such pc typical games get more often ported over. Heck, even i myself buy certain games on console as well, a few month ago i even got myself civilization on xbox on a sale.

One quick question and sorry if it’s been answered before but with the Xbox release be running off the latest patch 1.1.9.2?

It should be running off 1.1.9.3 (which is currently the latest version)

(I’m also curious if KB/Mouse support is going to be included - just imagine all the poor souls who can’t afford the current inflated PC gaming hardware prices but want the TRUE Grim Dawn experience :slight_smile: )

I understand version parity is the goal.

But these two quotes might suggest, that we will get v1.1.9.4 for the release. Or Zantai was not that secretive, when he posted in the translation topic. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes