Grim Dawn is coming to Xbox!

Hi. I understand.

A lot of companies see how much is the dollar compared to our local currency and price it. Problem is that dollar here is 5 times our currency, which leads to an overpriced game a lot of times.

:disappointed_relieved:

One of my childhood friends works in an indie dev. I will ask him and I’ll get back with the info.

They released a lot of games on Xbox and Steam already.

Might be a good idea. Information on regional pricing for Xbox seems hard to find for some reason, at least via Google search.

1 Like

Crate, so glad to see you’ve gotten the game ported!

2 Likes

I searched thru Microsofts Xbox related docs/sites and this is what I found. First I went here…

Then clicked a link for publishing information. Which gets us to an area that covers both Windows and Xbox apps, and in it I found some info that supports that there should be regional pricing available in some capacity…

So, it appears to me that they can. I don’t know how Crate intends to handle it - that’s for them to speak on but I would guess that they might not have gotten around to setting regional prices yet.

1 Like

That’s a great finding, my man! Thanks for that

My friend still didn’t answer me, but your info is already great!

I want this game to succeed, but with that price in Brazil, I doubt they will succeed here. I fail to see people buying it when the steam version is so much cheaper

Ha! I’ve just noticed that they increased the steam version to 124 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edit: I’m sorry for this line above! I was seeing a different price because I already own the base game. You haven’t changed the price on purpose. My mistake

1 Like

The only way it would increase would be if it was on sale… And then the sale ended - thus increasing the price. Pretty damned sure Crate aren’t dicks like that to increase price just because.

Guys, I’M SORRY! I figured out why the price changed.

When I log with my account I get the price differently because I have the base game, but not the expansions, so steam put the price of all the items I currently don’t have.

Really sorry to make you look like you’ve changed the price.

But still… It’s almost double the price on Xbox. I really appreciate if you manage to change that.

Those 15% on steam is not the price because it’s on a deal… It’s a discount because it’s a bundle, so the current steam price is actually 105. So xbox version is way more expensive.

But, once more, I’m sorry for the confusion

Anyway, here are the current prices on both platforms

2 Likes

We’ll investigate this, but the most likely culprit is that we set custom Steam pricing long ago and that fixes the price regardless of inflation or exchange rates, and then nobody’s remembered to ever update it! Brazilian currency has unfortunately plummeted from 3.25:1 in 2016 to 5.58:1 now, so the Xbox pricing was probably generated to match current exchange rates rather than the custom one we set a long time ago on Steam. :persevere:

Sorry about that. That’s probably not a very satisfying answer, but that would be my guess why it’s gone up so much.

1 Like

Usually pricing based solely on Dollar results in expensive games. :persevere:

Dollar in Turkey is even more expensive than here in Brazil, yet Grim Dawn is cheaper there when compared to Brazil.

I think it’s better to sell games at a lower price than selling no copies at all.

Again, I want this game to succeed so badly here. But at that price I will end up buying overseas or wait for a deal :disappointed_relieved:

If we priced it based on USD, it’d be 307.32 BRL :worried:

The current Brazil price is roughly $36.68.

2 Likes

I’m Brazilian. Good thing I bought 4 copies of Grim Dawn and its DLC to give to friends, otherwise you wouldn’t have won anything :joy:

1 Like

Fair enough.

Well… I can only hope you end up matching the price on steam.

Cheers

I already ordered, now I’m counting the days to play on xbox. :heart_eyes:

There are two reasons that lead me to play on xbox:

1. My PC doesn’t run Grim Dawn DLC anymore, only the base game.

2. on xbox there is no GD Stash, so i hope to spend more time in the game this time :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Lower it here in Sweden . Dollar is worth 10 times our currency.

1 Like

55$x10 = 550, image
doesn’t that mean the price is accurate then ? :thinking:

thanks!I see the language options。

Was so excited for the Xbox release and then I saw the price. Over $70 Canadian. Life just threw me a curve ball and now I can’t buy it on Day One release like I was hoping to. Maybe I will have some spare money by chance but as it is looking now, doesn’t look like I will be able to buy it on
December 3 when it’s released. (If I got the release date wrong, when ever it is released.)

I really want to support Crate Entertainment. I really do. Just life sucks some times. I don’t mind paying full price and I love Grim Dawn so much I will buy it for a third time. First on GOG, then on Steam.

Maybe I will have to wait till Christmas since that might be the Christmas present I get if everyone pools together for gift cards. 2021 just been a harsh year. I was hoping the price would have been like the GOG price. Dang the Xbox tax.

I really hate to wait for a sale and wanted to buy Day One, but dang. Wasn’t expecting the price.

Just wanted to let the devs know why I will not be able to get it on Day One. Wish me luck that I do have the funds come Dec 3. Over $80 Canadian with taxes is just Ouch right now.

I do hope the games succeeds on Xbox. Just sucks I can’t help at the moment. At least I can still play on my computer.

There’s nothing wrong with buying stuff on sales. More so considering it would be your third purchase of the same game, so it’s not like you’re cheating anybody. No need to beat yourself about it, is what I’m tryna say.

2 Likes

Preordered, installed, and excitedly waiting. Thanks again Crate for your work and persistence! Excited to start over again. Also, think I found what the achievements will be and thanks for having a ton of achievements on the Xbox.