Grim Dawn Meme Corner

Chthonking

Chaos damage is actually pretty potent now

yes it is. but how many are the variants of sets and uniques specifically tailored for chaos damage? rahzin, black flame, what else…
also, how’s the max capability of chaos rr across the classes and gears, and how’s the overall chaos resists of enemies these days.
maybe there are other questions pertaining the state of chaos related gears and chaos damage for the latest gd version… but if the above questions can be answered satisfactory, then chaos damage is out of the memelands and will never be made fun of again.

1 Like

Harbinger, darkblaze, infernal Knight. All chaos sets too.

Of all resistances, chaos res in enemies is the lowest.

And it’s possible to stack ~100% chaos RR on a spec with 0 innate chaos rr.

1. -10 from symbol of solael
  2. -18 from rings
  3. -60 from devotions
  4. -10 from relic
  5. -10 to -20 from other items (e.g. fang of chthon)
1 Like

Hey it’s a meme corner no balance the game plox corner! >:c
TheodinParcell
Theodin Parcell will be watching you

8 Likes

I feel bad that this made me chuckle.

3 Likes

ok, so chaos damage is out of the memelands now. don’t want theodin parcell to bust in and rearrange the meme metas to his liking.

1 Like

Some builders will be like

(taken from @Safarel’s discord)

18 Likes

long winded rant about how it’s already suboptimal with flinch free

What does flinch free even mean btw? Like less piano?

In the context of monster hunter world which the meme is referencing it is a skill that raises the character’s tolerance for attacks that would otherwise flinch them out of their animations. For singleplayer it is functionally worthless because all monster attacks of note cause knockdowns or heavy stagger that is mitigated by other skills entirely. The only use is in multiplayer where certain spammy weapons can stagger other weapons, but due to the way that monster weaknesses are distributed all the spammy weapons (which happen to be mostly immune to getting staggered by other spam weapons by default) should be going for a different part of the monster, leaving some hitzones for the likes of hammer and company.

Ha, didn’t know any of it. But I found this meme very relevant to current top-builders’ meta :slight_smile:

Thanks for explaining.

Otherwise it’s spot on, people not taking health boost(3) for fights where the 33% increase in hp prevents oneshots.

As MHW players will know all too well, that leads to I’m Sorry… (default multiplayer death message)

Before each and every patch

z2

10 Likes

Zentai

3 Likes

2 Likes

that reminds me, is there any celestial/ascendant like beings with size of dwarf/halfling/fairy in gd world?

a pint-sized superboss/nemesis could be interesting.

Luke, I am your father! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Cursed

14 Likes

Okay, that is just all kinds of wrong. :stuck_out_tongue: