Grim Dawn PvP Tournament, everyone can join! (yellow items only for combat)

I’m almost certainly not joining but just for the sake of it are people allowed to change gear and/or skills after fights? It’s very possible for someone to get something like an aether resist chest and an elemental resist chest and then face an aether build the first round and an elemental build the next, so he can adjust. Also, you might surprise people when you use blackwater cocktail the first round then suddenly shoot fire strike the next.

2 Likes

once prep phase is done, you won’t be allowed to reskill/regear.

1 Like

So we are all starting PREP today at 1 PM EST, correct?

correct. /chars

Will there be a stream set up for coverage?

starting in 12 mins twitch.tv/rektbyprotoss

So i just start preparing in 12 min, what game do i join when the hour and a half prep time is up? Do i need to be watching the broadcast to know when my match is going to happen, or hows that gonna work?

best for you to join the discord here: https://discord.com/invite/SCXN9qM

or watch the broadcast or watch this page it updates in realtime https://challonge.com/GDpvpyellow/participants

okay hang on

At least you put up a good show

1 Like

That Burrwitch Brew just too damn good!

1 Like

That was fun, you dress well for the fight :laughing:

2 Likes

So how did it went? What kind of cheap tricks you were using?

Yeah man i had a blast doing this. My friend and I had this idea to do HC PvP tournaments starting at level 5, with matches every 5 levels, and wed have to design our characters as close as we could to Naruto characters. Each of us would design 5 characters, and each match would take place in a different battleground in Act 1, with 30 seconds time to split up. Then the stalking game would begin. Enemies could be cleared, but not environmental hazards. The last man standing wins. Can you imagine this kind of battle if it was hosted in act 3/4 plains of strife. All those mines… oh man. I guess the true challenge would be to randomize the battlefield youd need to fight on.

I wonder if you can do PvP in SR environments? Just clear them of enemies and do battle on them, to hell with the SR clock, youd be using the space as a PvP arena anyway, not trying to actually do SR… that Aether covered area from that Black Legion quest comes to mind.

i didnt notice any cheap tricks being used, but it was hard to notice anything with such heavy double-vision. I had the honor of facing @RektbyProtoss first, and my fists of fury were no match for his full plate. I broke all of my knuckles punching against his armor and couldnt even put a dent in it. In the end I died with my one true love in my arms- the Burrwitch Brew <3

1 Like

I watch that fight, your punch damage lower than his health regen :rofl:

1 Like

Eluminator dances on NOManual’s grave, as naked RektByProtoss watches from the stands.

3 Likes

Lol i was laughing the whole time. Cowpie’s match too, i kept staggering and going “auugh” from Brew.

1 Like

Highlights and streamed matches video:

my leveling VoD:

3 Likes

Lol awesome. Im glad you got these highlights man! I wish i knew how to stream and had a good enough machine to manage all that. These are some great matches!

Loved the idea of this tournament, and look forward to the next time im able to participate!

1 Like