Grim Dawn PvP Tournament, everyone can join! (yellow items only for combat)

We’re gonna have a just for fun pvp tournament, so if you’d like to join aswell, let us know :slight_smile:

Tournament Page: https://challonge.com/GDpvpyellow

Tournament will be streamed live on twitch.

Note that SSF in this case means character specific solo self found, not accountwide solo self found, so no shared stash!

Date: 27th of June, 7 PM CET (1 PM EST) To participate you need the expansions! Just let @MikeFic_YT or me know if you wanna sign up!

Preparation Rules:

• new character, created at start of tournament. Name your char after the name you chose in the signup.
  • timelimit to prepare your char: 1h 30 min character solo self found. No shared stash or GD stash!
  • level cap: 20
  • all SSF items allowed for leveling
  • crafting allowed using shared blueprints and SSF mats

combat rules:

• only yellow items!
  • HP/EP pots allowed
  • no other consumables (aether clusters, ointments, etc.)
  • tournament mode:
  • double elimination (Bo1) with Bo3/Bo5 for winner’s bracket finals, loser’s bracket finals, grand final

Disqualification for:

• lvl > 20
  • using GD stash or shared stash

MikeFic’s sheet with signed up people: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v_4jA3pjVSPdEOe_jJVNpTNlgdmf-Gca2wqt2jFYeC0/edit?usp=sharing

7 Likes

Make this a Hardcore mode only tournament please!!! Would love to participate then!!

1 Like

@Knife HC was the initial plan, but we can’t do a losers bracket or Bo3s for finals then. Maybe next one will be HC again.

2 Likes

how are the rules enforced? Like how do you confirm the hour and a half prep time, only yellow items, no shared stash etc?

I want to know more about the arena for the tournament, is it on the crucible?

1 Like

Thats a great point, and also a great idea.

Prep time -> Third page of character sheet (which, AFAIK, GDStash can’t edit that timer)

Yellow items is pretty easy, you just inspect someone’s character in-game.

That being said, my question about Yellow-only items from reddit:

Does this extend to relics? All Relics (Bone Talisman included) are Rare or higher-tier.
Same can be said of the not-lowest-tier components.

Prep time is by far the greatest limiting factor here. You can otherwise get very creative with a levelcap of 20 and a bit of work…

Mike and me only had armor/weapons/jewellery in mind as they actually show up as yellow on your char’s page. So relics/components should have no limitations. There aren’t many you can use and craft using SSF mats at lvl 20 anyway.

I’ve thought about crucible and it would be a great spot, but not everybody might have the dlc, so for now the plan is to do it just outside devil’s crossing. If every participant has crucible however, that does seem like the superior battleground. Fortunately there is still some time left until saturday to finetune these details.

@Ceno kinda already answered your questions I guess, but above all: why would you try to cheat in a just for fun tournament in the first place? If you cheat in this and people will find out, you’d just be “the one who cheated at the “just for fun tournament””. I don’t think anyone wants to be that person. Also Discord screen share exists, if anyone wants to volunteer for checking everyone’s screen via discord. But I don’t think we have to go that far.

1 Like

I guess my main concern with enforcing yellow only items is, itd be really easy to take a rare/epic weapon/shield, equip them as your second weapon set, and put an illusion on it to match the appearance of your primary weapon set, and switch weapon sets during the fight because who the hell has time to be inspecting the opponents gear in the heat of battle.

Also how can you prove the items are actually SSF? Are we all preparing from scratch together simultaneously in the same game sessions? Or can i prepare my build right now, and as long as its within the hour and a half playtime, sign up and participate?

Would be really easy to just take items from your shared stash and have them in the guys inventory already prior to match start, if thats the case.

Oof, that would be so next level :sweat_smile: I mean you could always have people show their secondary weapon slot before dueling.

The idea is that at 7PM we all start a fresh char and start leveling, at 8:30 PM, the actual PvP rounds start.
It’s still kinda hard to prove all items are SSF for people that don’t stream, which is one of the main reasons we went with yellows only instead of greens/MIs. Sure you could still GD stash perfect yellows (perfect yellows in every slot will be super suspicious though), but the impact of that wouldn’t be as bad as someone GD stashing perfect double/triple rares.

1 Like

Fair points. I agree, the yellow items are essential. I guess if someone really wants to go to the lengths of being a douchebag they could do the secondary weapon slot trick because who really cares im not going to ask the opponent to reveal their secondary weapon set. The idea is for fun, like you said.

In the spirit of fun, I just might sign up and use an unarmed build! “Drunken Pugilist”, I believe Ill name him… Am I allowed to use Burrwitch Brew? (I dont see why not. Its technically not shared stash, and absolutely does NOT benefit me).

I dont stream, but yeah man, I am down for this! Why not! Im sure ill get eliminated flat out but it will at least be funny, and fun! How do I sign up?

1 Like

Although I find combining basically two activities (that could be separated tournaments)

• PVP
  • levelling

kinda wierd I’ll definitely look at the videos after the tournament to see how it looks / some hilarious action.

I’m concerned that a few specific combinations with double RR (or just IT because who is seriously going to have phys res) that come online early will dominate. I don’t see people having answers to fire & forget abilities backed up by more RR than a level 20 character will be able to mitigate. May the stinkiest cheese win I guess?

Obviously the game is not balanced around lvl 20 PvP, so it’s gonna be very messy and cheesy, but that’s part of the fun :smiley:

By telling me to sign you up :smiley: I’ll sign you up as “Knife”, guess that should be fine? Just make sure to call your tournament char the same name (or sth easily identified with your name).

1 Like

Is there something wrong with the name Drunken Pugilist?

It doesn’t sound anything like “Knife” :rofl: but sure I can sign you up as “drunken pugilist” instead.

1 Like

Yes please do! This is going to play to my biggest strength- death by laughter! I cant wait to stumble into my inevitable drunken death!

Thank you!!

1 Like

Rockets plutonium shadowstrike?

No consumables other than HP/EP, so I cant use my beloved Burrwitch brew? Sob sob :,(

Burrwitch brew is fine ofc :rofl:

1 Like