Grim Dawn SUBJECTIVE Class Rankings by (some of) the Community - Final Results

Archon is that kinda class that lacks identity, similar to Paladin in some sense.

Except paladin has a shitton of fans because in other games it’s cool.

2 Likes

:thinking: you mean someone put Paladin high on their ranking beacuse of Paladin class in other ARPGs is the best class? What a f**king noob!

1 Like

Physical wind devils + guardian bros support please!

Or give korvan wyrm a huge chunk of attack speed for physical spam PS (need to look at this again in 1.1.9, situation should be better with hydra change)

1 Like

Ranged physical paladin is going to be up with other well performing pistol builds with sandspitter change, thankfully. So my needs are met :joy:

Well at least paladin now has something it does better than others I guess. Which now leaves us with archon, battlemage (really battlemage is okay now power wise but everything it does is still done better by either dk or templar), what else?

I thought your angle was to focus on classes that had few playable builds rather than classes who have playable (but subpar compared to other classes) builds. The difference is that the former can be corrected, but the latter is much more difficult to fix

You meant the bottom 3 I guess, lol I’m the only one who added Defiler into their list :smiley: If we’re arguing about balancing all class to have some kind of great build to compete other classes then we surely will lose because as far as I understand from all the comments of Z, they just don’t want to do things that way.

As for Acid BM, I’m just asking Mad Queen Claws(very few people use it) have some soldier support. The Conduit already exist(which no one uses). I don’t expect a set or anything, just having able to play some DW melee Acid Cadence Blademaster. Because of one-RR combination the damage already won’t be great as Dervish.(Dervish already have Vileblade set and Misery swords for 2 different great DW acid melee possibility)

As for Chaos BM, the only thing needed is this change;

Voidrend Talons will have Cadence/Possession/Belgothian Shears skill bonusses and have Chaos Belgothian Shears modifier - Chaos Cadence modifier.

Voidsteel Gauntlets will have Solaels Witchfire/FoI/Smite+(maybe RF) skill bonusses and have Chaos Smite, Chaos Flames of Ignaffar and Chaos Righteous Fervor modifiers.

It’s just a swap; no need to change other stats etc. So you can make a DW melee Chaos Blademaster with Ember’s Calling, there are already a few weapon alternatives that supports Soldier skills and Nightblade skills.

This change may only affect DW Chaos Dervish(lol) or Chaos Warlord(to use both Cadence and Smite modifier((lol again) or a Chaos Flames of Ignaffar Paladin that uses Chaos Smite modifier but not the Chaos RF.(lol again)

So I’m not asking the worlds from them ad I think after this point, making Archon viable is harder than making Acid/Chaos BM viable :rofl:

1 Like

No I wanted (as much as possible) that every class has something it does better than every other class. Of course at this stage of the game it probably won’t happen anymore but that’s the goal. That’s what my examples were intended to show. Templar phys AAR is best AAR. Skater Templar is almost unique.to templar. Firewave commando is best firewave. Meanwhile archon has what? A wildblood build that both ritualist and conjurer do better. Battlemage? Krieg builds that dk does better. I know crate has been buffing spellscourge a lot which is very appreciated. Maybe just a little bit more.

1 Like

Put shaman on goredrinker and make it support bleed vines kappa. Remove soldier cause tactician won’t be any better than infiltrator anyway and tactician is already the best carrier for full octavius.

Hmm, that might be a good idea.

I already tried the Pierce Tactician, both 2h and DW >1.1.9.0< 2H+DW Pierce Cadence Goredrinker Tactician. SR 85 with Goredrinker set and it was nothing extraordinary plus boring. And theorycrafted some Bleeding Warlord with the set, which ens up with %20 phys resist unless you use a high phys resisted shield.

Well if that’s the angle you’re taking, I’m confused by the below:

It seems like you can’t really decide if this is a “first world problem” or a problem that needs to be fixed

You’re confused because you’re taking single sentences to interpret the entire message or because there’s something wrong with my english. It’s either of the two. BM already has the best dw pierce cadence builds as well as the only class that can pull off spite (I haven’t seen infiltrator do spite). What I said about BM didn’t break away from my overall intent.

Sorry for me not contributing, but my preferences change all the time across these categories:

• Classes I’m currently excited about
  • Classes due to be played for the first time (OK, this one would not change drastically, but only shrink)
  • Classes I have not played in a long time
  • Classes, which are on cooldown

If I ranked them quarterly over the course of maybe five years, a pattern might turn up. But then I’d ask myself about my least favorite classes and probably move (some of) them into the top category…

Lol it’s all good. It’s not like I’m zantai and I can say I’ll nerf everyone if you don’t contribute.

Unless he just says it right now…

Archon does Avenger’s autoattacker pretty well from what I’ve seen