Grim Dawn T-shirts, are they official?

Hi, I was looking for a Grim Dawn t-shirt and I found this store:
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/grim+dawn+t-shirts

My question: is this officialy supported source of GD universe franchise? If not, where can I buy some t-shirt or blouse in Europe?

Take care!
GP.

nope. Only Crate employees have GD shirts

Far as I know, no, since I’m sure Crate would have mentioned them if they were. They know how much the fans would like to buy GD merchandise. And you can’t get anything official because there’s nothing available. Crate aren’t doing merchandising.

So this shop is stealing their graphics etc.?
That’s a shame that we cannot buy GD stuff, I would wear it with proud! :star_struck:

Effectively, yes. Though they say it’s fan art you can see that some of them have only changed the colour and nothing else. For the constellation ones I don’t think they’ve even done that, just lifted it straight from the game.

IMHO that’s a rip off.

If you do not want to buy unlicensed products, you still can order a T-shirt with a selfmade design. I am sure in Europe there are also such services.

This is a my T-shirt (if anyone hasn’t seen) and I found a comment from devs:

so long as you don’t do anything remotely financial with them, it’s none of my business

1 Like

That’s a good idea but how did you generate the image on your t-shirt from ingame files? Is there a way to get image with sufficent resolution etc.?

specifically this one, I collected it like a puzzle from screenshots of devotion and get pic 7168x6144 pixels. That was enough for print.

I’m kinda curious how it is for selfmade T-Shitrs if you print then some sort of Artwork and stuff on it. So don’t print it for selling purpose but for private use. Is that Legal?

Absolutely strictly speaking no, but as Denis showed in the quote so long as you’re not profiting from it Crate won’t come knocking at your door. :smile:

What the problem is with this site is that some of the artwork on the shirts is a straight lift from the game and they are profiting from it so that is illegal since they don’t have permission to use the artwork.

The biggest hurdles to physical merchandise are the amount of time it would take to manage and the low profit margins that make it difficult to justify the time investment.

That said, having some physical merch would be pretty cool!

(in regards to the aforementioned link in the OP, none of that is legitimate and anyone profiting from our barely modified imagery is breaking the law)

Easier would be to do small items like the keychain and bottle opener they did for the physical copies of the game.

But you still need someone to take orders, process payments, pack them all up and take them to the post office.

I don’t know anything about the merchandise market but I’d be surprised if there were no third-party companies to do that managing, grant a licence for them to use the art or something?

I imagine low-profit margins are an unfortunate reality however t-shirt printing is arranged.

That is a seriously cool t-shirt though :heart_eyes:

Well, sure, but someone still has to coordinate with them, handle invoicing, additional tax liability…

Not to mention that cuts into the profit margins even further.

The game is very successful. I wonder how many sales you’d get for merch like the t-shirt from the post above. I’d have thought it would be respectable though.