Grim Dawn Trading guide

I like the concept here. I think one of the best things this community could do though is try to set up a pricing standard for items. Even just a ballpark range. I hear some people do 10 ugdenblooms for 1 mythical legendary. I’m not sure that’s necessarily a good deal since ugdenblooms are common and getting the exact legendary you want isn’t. But perhaps it’s a kind community lol.

Either way it would be nice to see trading prices debated here and some sort of logic structure set up for players to keep in mind. Too many trades I try to do online with strangers end up with both parties feeling like they don’t even know what’s “an appropriate offer/asking price.”

I’m not sure how we would set up such a logical structure, but I agree that it would make sense to have one.

Before AOM came out, a lot of trades used rare mats such as hearts/brains/blood of ch’thon.
These were, and are still, not very easy to come by, because they don’t drop from specific areas in abundance.
Initially when AOM came out ugdenblooms were also quite rare.
This had nothing to do with them not dropping in specific areas, because they are mostly limited to a specific area (ugdenbog).
It had to do with players not yet finding an efficient way of farming them and them being sought after for crafting purposes.
20 ugdenblooms is a price I still encounter a lot for a mythical legendary.
The reason for that is probably that players ask these prices because they see others do it as well…

Of course it makes sense in GD for a price to be made up of items you require.
So in that sense it may be hard to set a pricing standard.
Then again, it can be very helpful for players to know what to aim for, and I would gladly use a part of this guide for that purpose.
I still have one reserved post left ;).

My only concern is that it may make prices too steep for beginning players, on the other hand beginning players in some other games also have to farm up the amount needed, which is fair.
And of course, anyone can feel free to ask whatever they want for an item.

Ugdenblooms only drop in Ugdenbog and that makes them inaccessible to new players, although it could be argued that by the time a new player is ready to trade seriously, they will have completed all content on up to ultimate at least once.

If the community wants to make a ‘currency guide,’ I would advocate for using frozen hearts, ancient armor plates, mutated scales, and perhaps scavenged plating; in my experience, those are the mats that I see most requested in the trading thread. Ugdenblooms may apply as well, but seeing that the mats above can drop anywhere, I think they might be a better form of currency.

Alright.

This is what I think.

A common legendary (most non-set armor, Nightshade’s Reach, Silverbolt, etc.) or a blue - 40 scavenged platings OR 80-100 scrap OR 16 blooms/seals OR 12-16 fro-hearts/b-shells OR 6-8 ancient armors OR about 1 million in bits.

An uncommon legendary (most set items, jewelry, etc.) - 60+ scavenged platings OR converted as above.

A rare legendary or a hot item (this is mostly a subjective category: things that have been eluding me, I’m selling my last piece, many people want, etc.) - 80+ scavenged platings OR as above.

All this pertains to trash legendaries with average rolls that I would dynamite if I ran out of stash. For notable rolls you gotta pay MUCH MORE (multiple times). Things like Alkamos rings or Anasteria helmet aren’t for sale but if they were I guess I’d price them at whereabouts of 500-1000 stoneplates worth of mats (yes, 12.5-35M to begin with…). This is more or less where double rare greens are as well or would be were they ever for sale.

Also, I can’t help myself and need to say this: If this is too steep for you then maybe GD is not a game for you. GD is supposed be a hardcore aRPG where you shouldn’t be able to survive without hours running roguelikes, optimizing chars, researching, etc. Meanwhile, forums are swarming with dudes who haven’t yet leveled one toon but already have 3 sets completed and complain about the rolls. And all that without ONE MINUTE of farming, ever. Really, you wanna have it the easy way? Then GD Stash is your thing. Or Assassin’s Creed.

If this is too steep for you, git gud?

I quite agree with the rates you’re proposing, especially now that we’ve established that scavenged platings are actually very easy to come by, albeit time consuming.
You’re taking a huge leap on that last category though, which seems excessive imo.
We also have to keep in mind that trading and helping newer players is a good thing for the community and we don’t want to encourage cheating.
Also, I partly disagree on that ‘hardcore ARPG rant’, GD offers plenty of room for more casual players but the rabbit hole goes much deeper if you want it to.

Ugdenblooms only drop in Ugdenbog and that makes them inaccessible to new players

They do drop from locked chests (treasure troves), but the odds are ~1 in 8-ish? I think there are 8 of these rare crafting materials now.

Also dynamiting ~lvl 50+ stuff can produce these. Iirc I read an 2 yr-old post from someone that test dynamited ~500 epic items around lvl 50 and this produced ~100 (brain/heart/blood/manticore eye). With AoM that would be devided among 8 instead of 4 (brain/heart/blood/+4 new items). So that would suggest a 1 in 5 chance for a 1 in 8 chance - for one of these very rare crafting items. …if nothing has changed in the dismantle % chance since then.

I think purples have much higher odds of producing a rare crafting item.

Dynamiting is generally not economic imho as it can cost quite few iron bits. I think it’s more something you do once you gather lots of dynamite/crystals/iron bits.

The rates I proposed aren’t arbitrary, and that includes the seemingly exaggerated prices for MI’s. They are based on one resource that all players invest: farming time.

Take the Anasteria helmet for example. Everyone who ever farmed it know that the 4% drop rate reported in grimtools is bs. More like 0.4%, hard to say, I got mine after over 80 runs (not including reputation runs) but I heard of people doing 500 and more. Even if we agree that you can get it in 100 runs on the average with 2 minutes per run plus some loading time - that is 3-4 hours of farming (greatly understated, I repeat, some people try for weeks) with nothing to show for it but a few single legendaries and some minor iron. Now, in 4 hours of grinding Crucible, you can get 16-24 170 payouts. That’s guaranteed millions of bits plus a very decent inventory of purples and a shot at some of those double rare greens. Tell me now that Outcast Secret isn’t worth the price I proposed. And Alkamos Rings? OMG! How long does it even take to get to that guy from the rift? 12 minutes?

Now, look at it from the seller’s perspective. What does a thousand shots at stoneplate grieves really give me? Most probably nothing but more inexplicable hatred for English words such as shrewd, haste, badger and spellweaving sneaking up into my subconscious. :rolleyes:

So do I, now that I read it aloud… lol. It’s just that I really don’t appreciate attitudes like “I’ll give 40 platings for that but 60 is FU.” Really, 20 Scavenged Platings is 10-15 jumps between Homestead and Steelcap. 5 minutes tops. If an item you need for your build isn’t worth 5 minutes of your time…

Oh, and just in case there’s a misunderstanding, I’m using impersonal “you” in my all writing. I don’t mean YOU in particular, of course, @StrUktO or anyone else in this thread

Fair enough, buyers need to cough up a lot for those very rare items if someone would even offer them.
The amounts just seemed huge to me, which they are, but understandably so for the time invested.

I would be interested to see if others were to add their views on prices as well.

Oh, and just in case there’s a misunderstanding, I’m using impersonal “you” in my all writing. I don’t mean YOU in particular, of course, @StrUktO or anyone else in this thread

Oh, I didn’t take it that way, actually I did take the ‘you’ as impersonal.
I suppose it’s a good thing that you mentioned it. :smiley:

I added a section giving advice on trading prices, based on the post by ya_
Feel free to comment or give your view on what prices should look like

What are the best double rare greens?

I realise this is a superficially simple question.

This thread will likely answer all of your MI questions: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73106

Sticky for later use

Thx for your work , appreciate :slight_smile:

I’m working on updating this guide, but before I do that I would like to know what you guys consider trading prices to be at the moment

personally I charge around 1.5m iron/12 rare mats/25 ugdenbloom/10 eldritch essence/5 celestial lotus for a mythical legendary

I charge 1 million bits, 8 Missives/Mutagens/Wendigo Spirits, 12 Ugdenbloom, 4 Eldritch essence, or 2 Celestial Lotus. Eventually 100 dynamite or composants like Ectoplasm…

Probably something like 20 Frozen hearths.

Basically, 1 mythical legendary = 1 shot at secret blacksmith.

added an extra option to the discord part for the ‘Grim Dawn (community)’ facebook group

It took me a while to realize that the game guide has a page that explains how the trading UI works. I know it’s simple, but I was surprised guides like this one don’t even mention how to actually execute a trade. Maybe adding a link to http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/settings/gamemodes.php#q04 to the guide would help?

Do you have any tips on how to arrange a time and server for a trade with someone over the forums or steam? Is it usually done through private messages?

My windows of time when I can actually be on my PC and playing are fairly limited, so I’m concerned it may difficult to sync up schedules with someone to make a trade happen. I wish we had an offline trade mechanism of some sort. Not an auction house, just the ability to negotiate and execute a trade without needing to both be online at the same time.

It took me a while to realize that the game guide has a page that explains how the trading UI works. I know it’s simple, but I was surprised guides like this one don’t even mention how to actually execute a trade. Maybe adding a link to http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/settin...emodes.php#q04 to the guide would help?

Do you have any tips on how to arrange a time and server for a trade with someone over the forums or steam? Is it usually done through private messages?

My windows of time when I can actually be on my PC and playing are fairly limited, so I’m concerned it may difficult to sync up schedules with someone to make a trade happen. I wish we had an offline trade mechanism of some sort. Not an auction house, just the ability to negotiate and execute a trade without needing to both be online at the same time.

a fair remark, I’ll make a section on the UI and how it works for the sake of completion

usually someone will either PM you on the forums, DM you on discord or send you a friend request on steam
you can then work out a time, and if it’s even possible with your timezones
it hasn’t happened very often, but I have encountered cases where the timezones turned out to be incompatible, it happens
all these communication options actually also work when one of you is offline, the other person can then read it at his/her leisure

Cool, thanks!

thanks for this guide.

https://diceus.com/need-use-outsource-healthcare-software-development-2/